Re: Strange Viewer issue

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 08:34:33 +0100, "Patrick Lidstone \(Personal
e-mail\)" <patrick@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>The sending app is different - could sending from *within* Viewer
>use a different mechanism to sending *via* Viewer? (Stuart?)

No, I don't believe so as ultimately it all sinks down into xFx itself
- the code is common and re-used extensively between all xFx-based
applications.

>It smells to me like there might be two or more independent issues
>that are compounding to cause problems. I'm not pointing fingers, but
>Viewer does
>seem to be a common denominator in these issues.

I'd translate that to "xAPFramework is the common denominator".
The
application, Viewer, Hub etc are all going to show the same flaw.

Michael McSharry has had problems with multiple network interfaces and
my xFx apps. We never got to the bottom of it because the debug
information I was getting back didn't tell me what was wrong. I've
been meaning to attempt to reproduce this problem 'in-house' but I've
just not got to this. The spare PC lacks a HDD at the moment too which
doesn't help.

Stuart Booth <stuart@xxxxxxx>
xAPFramework.net - a xAP software development framework for .net

http://www.xapautomation.org/
     http://www.xapframework.net/