Re: sliMP3 Query of playlist index and playlist contents

  • Subject: Re: sliMP3 Query of playlist index and playlist contents
  • From: Michael McSharry
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 07:39:00 +0000

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0
Transitional//EN">
<DIV><FONT face="Arial" size="2">I feel
comfortable with the operation of the current SliMP3 connector.&nbsp; I
did confirm that I am able to control multiple SliMP3 with the current
connector.&nbsp; I am ready to move on to a version that will support
Now.Playing and for which the playlist contents can be retrieved.&nbsp;
Is there a target date for when such capabilities will be
available?</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE>
<DIV>----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
<DIV><B>From:</B> <A title="lists@xxxxxxx"
href="mailto:lists@xxxxxxx";>Stuart
Booth</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>To:</B> <A
title="xAP_developer@xxxxxxx" href="mailto:xAP_developer@xxxxxxx";>xAP_developer@xxxxxxx</A>
</DIV>
<DIV><B>Sent:</B> Tuesday, January 13, 2004 10:06
AM</DIV>
<DIV><B>Subject:</B> Re: [xAP_developer] sliMP3 Query of
playlist index and playlist contents</DIV>
<DIV></DIV><TT>On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 09:03:42 -0800,
"Michael McSharry"<<A href="mailto:mcs101main@xxxxxxx";>mcs101main@xxxxxxx</A>>
wrote:>I have not tried this, but I want to confirm that multiple
SlliMP3 Connectors can be installed on the network where each connector is
associated with a unique SlimServer.--That's correct, it only ever talks to
the SlimServer you specify inthe .config file. You could run different
versions for different SlimServer software versions too if you
wanted.However you would need to ensure that the Instance values of
theSource address of the Slim Connector are all different, as well
astweaking the UID for each instance.>&nbsp; The Target address is
then used to assue that the Connector will only listen to messages with its
Target address when Whole House Audio commands are sent.&nbsp; --Yes,
that's right. If you omitted the target address, ALL Slims acrossALL
Connector
s would be addressed. You can also wildcard the targetaddress to talk to
multiple instances as mentioned above, or evenbetween different bits of s/w
from different Vendors...> I am assuming, based upon the Connectors
config file, that only one SllimServer is supported per Connector.--That's
right, I never intended it to work with multiple SlimServers,figuring 2
instances of the Connector should be fine, although I'venot actually tried
this myself. To fix a bug I do need to install a2nd SlimServer on my
development machine but I haven't done this yet.S-- Stuart Booth
<stuart@xxxxxxx>xAPFramework.net - a xAP software development
framework for .net<A href="http://www.xapautomation.org/";>http://www.xapautomation.org/</A>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
<A href="http://www.xapframework.net/";>http://www.xapframework.net/</A></TT><TT>
<HR width="500">
<B>Yahoo! Groups Links</B>
<UL>
<LI>To visit your group on the web, go to:<A href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/xAP_developer/";>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/xAP_developer/</A>&nbsp;
<LI>To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<A
href="mailto:xAP_developer-unsubscribe@xxxxxxx?subject=Unsubscribe";>xAP_developer-unsubscribe@xxxxxxx</A>&nbsp;