Re: sliMP3 Query of playlist index and playlist contents

  • Subject: Re: sliMP3 Query of playlist index and playlist contents
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 18:06:00 +0000

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 09:03:42 -0800, "Michael McSharry"
<<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=6s95ci0rTjfDsV1a-wsY5pOmJxQMy5n1bV3bBI1r4FaD0QOWk-nS_tKXu2aK7TF6tcSWoXWVxohm_-VV-iOf2Uz0_U0">mcs101main@w...</a>>
wrote:

>I have not tried this, but I want to confirm that multiple SlliMP3
Connectors
can be installed on the network where each connector is associated with a
unique
SlimServer.

--

That's correct, it only ever talks to the SlimServer you specify in
the .config file. You could run different versions for different Slim

However you would need to ensure that the Instance values of the
Source address of the Slim Connector are all different, as well as
tweaking the UID for each instance.

> The Target address is then used to assue that the Connector will only
listen
to messages with its Target address when Whole House Audio commands are
sent.

--

Yes, that's right. If you omitted the target address, ALL Slims across
ALL Connectors would be addressed. You can also wildcard the target

> I am assuming, based upon the Connectors config file, that only one
SllimServer is supported per Connector.

--

That's right, I never intended it to work with multiple SlimServers,
figuring 2 instances of the Connector should be fine, although I've

Stuart Booth <<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=rrkI1JbufX8FfSiwgE8TLWovH0eI8AbYzddH586PnXw-Fs303L45khYDuQnthCoFYww-npe7zBfY3-xBzg">stuart@x...</a>>
xAPFramework.net - a xAP software development framework for .net