Re: sliMP3 Query of playlist index and playlist contents

  • Subject: Re: sliMP3 Query of playlist index and playlist contents
  • From: Michael McSharry
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 04:36:00 +0000

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0
Transitional//EN">
<DIV><FONT face="Arial" size="2">I have
found the slimp3 connector to consume considerable&nbsp;CPU
time&nbsp;as I poll to at 0.5 Hz to obtain the equivalent of the
Now.Playing status.&nbsp; It is in the neighborhood of 30% of a 2G
CPU.&nbsp; Does the new connector have Now.Playing implemented or is
there a more efficient way to get timely information on track, mode, and
playlist status other than repeated queries?</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE>
<DIV>----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
<DIV><B>From:</B> <A title="lists@xxxxxxx"
href="mailto:lists@xxxxxxx";>Stuart
Booth</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>To:</B> <A
title="xAP_developer@xxxxxxx" href="mailto:xAP_developer@xxxxxxx";>xAP_developer@xxxxxxx</A>
</DIV>
<DIV><B>Sent:</B> Saturday, January 10, 2004 6:00
PM</DIV>
<DIV><B>Subject:</B> Re: [xAP_developer] sliMP3 Query of
playlist index and playlist contents</DIV>
<DIV></DIV><TT>On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 01:01:29 +0000, James
<<A href="mailto:James@xxxxxxx";>James@xxxxxxx</A>>
wrote:>A bit more playing..>>Called a slimp3 Test:Me>This
appears as Test%3aMe in viewer.Ah, I know what's doing that, but see below
for more on this...>AFAIK % isn't allowed in a xAP
construct:>>"This keyword uses alpha-numeric printable
characters a..z&nbsp; (a through>z) 0-9 (zero through nine), _
(underscore), - (minus) and, additionally,>embedded _ (space)."That
refers to the keyword or name part of a name/value pair, whereasin the
above it's actually in the value part. However, 2 things springout of
this:1) I'm not clear if there are certain characters that are invalid inan
address string, other than space characters.2) xAPFramework lets dodgy
characters through in the name/keyword partanyway!!! I'm amazed I've never
spotted that before!!! For example:Display.SliMP3{Line
1%=HelloLine2=World!Duration=15}Anyway, how well does a percentage sign sit
in an address value? If Idecode the escaped characters in this particular
case I will end upwith a definitely invalid address. For
instance:Source=KCSoft.SliMP3.Anya:Test:MeSo in this respect I actually
think that Test%3aMe is correct, strangeas it may seem. I'm back to what do
I do with somewhat more wildernames assigned for players.Also space
characters work out okay sticking with this mechanism asthey turn up as
"Test%20Me".Dotted separators are fine as you've discovered e.g.
"Test.Me" withthe proviso that they are interpreted as
sub-subaddress nodes as perthe xAP spec.So the question is are % characters
allowed in header values in thisway? I had a gander at the spec but I
couldn't spot any rules on this.May have missed it though as I was
scanning.You have helped find a bug in xFx though, where it's not
stringentenough. Darn. d;-))S-- Stuart Booth
<stuart@xxxxxxx>xAPFramework.net - a xAP software developm
ent framework for .net<A href="http://www.xapautomation.org/";>http://www.xapautomation.org/</A>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
<A href="http://www.xapframework.net/";>http://www.xapframework.net/</A></TT><TT>
<HR width="500">
<B>Yahoo! Groups Links</B>
<UL>
<LI>To visit your group on the web, go to:<A href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/xAP_developer/";>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/xAP_developer/</A>&nbsp;
<LI>To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<A
href="mailto:xAP_developer-unsubscribe@xxxxxxx?subject=Unsubscribe";>xAP_developer-unsubscribe@xxxxxxx</A>&nbsp;