Re: Caller ID Lookup / Display / Log

  • Subject: Re: Caller ID Lookup / Display / Log
  • From: Michael McSharry
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 06:42:00 +0000

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0
Transitional//EN">
<DIV><FONT face="Arial" size="2">There are
a variety of CID init strings with the definition provided by the modem
vendor.&nbsp; Likewise there are a variety of formats for data from the
TELCOs.&nbsp; I have not seen the richness of information that exists
in the xap CID schema available from local TELCOs in US.&nbsp;
NetCallerID is another variant but looks very similiar to a standard
modem.&nbsp; mcsAudrey implements the CID.Incomming as both a provider
and as a receiver.&nbsp; The information about what to expect from the
modem and the TELCO are configuration fields for the application.&nbsp;
mcsAudrey will run as a standalone app to provide the Xap capability for
CID, OSD, and&nbsp;TTS&nbsp;or it can be run as a Homeseer plugin
with the same xap schema supported.</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE>
<DIV>----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
<DIV><B>From:</B> <A title="lists@xxxxxxx"
href="mailto:lists@xxxxxxx";>Kevin
Hawkins</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>To:</B> <A
title="xAP_developer@xxxxxxx" href="mailto:xAP_developer@xxxxxxx";>xAP_developer@xxxxxxx</A>
</DIV>
<DIV><B>Sent:</B> Sunday, February 22, 2004 8:18
PM</DIV>
<DIV><B>Subject:</B> [xAP_developer] Caller ID Lookup /
Display / Log</DIV>
<DIV></DIV><TT>At long last I am back to the process of
dividing my Caller ID databaselookup program into three smaller
applications that can be 'mix &amp; matched'or used as one. These will
be the Meteor connector, the display features egSliMP3 &amp; OSD, and
the database features, lookup and logging using (Outlook /standalone
CallDatabase / STD database).Addressing the Meteor connector first I intend
to fully implement Stuartsrevised CID.Meteor&nbsp; schema and also
support the original standardCID.Incoming schema. But first a question
Stuart..In the CID.Meteor Incoming.CallWithNoCID block you have a mandatory
"Type"parameter - but if the incoming callerID information is not
present on acall then you don't know what type of call it is
ieVoiceRingbackMessageWaiting.&nbsp; This particular
"IncomingCallWithNoCID"block would never have this present so I
don't see how it can be a mandatoryparameter ??I do intend to add a couple
of extra parameters to some of
the CID.Meteorblocks - including perhaps the BT datetime value and more
importantly aparameter for 'digits dialled so far' certainly within
theOutgoing.DigitPressed and perhaps the Incoming.DigitPressed
blocks.....Class=CID.MeteorSource=UKUSA.Meteor.01234567890}Outgoing.DigitPressed{Dialled=01484Digit=4}Also
if someone has some easy pointers on how to support a CallerID modemthen I
will add support for this too - (direct attach not via TAPI). I wouldneed
the CID enable strings and the format of the CID data responses. I
amparticularly keen to hear from any US people such that this
applicationwillbe useful over there as the Meteor is not a viable option
there. The STDlookup database would need a bit of thought to be US
adaptable in some way.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Kevin</TT>