Caller ID Lookup / Display / Log

  • Subject: Caller ID Lookup / Display / Log
  • From: Kevin Hawkins
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 04:18:00 +0000

At long last I am back to the process of dividing my Caller ID database
lookup program into three smaller applications that can be 'mix &
matched'
or used as one. These will be the Meteor connector, the display features eg
SliMP3 & OSD, and the database features, lookup and logging using
(Outlook /
standalone CallDatabase / STD database).

Addressing the Meteor connector first I intend to fully implement Stuarts
revised CID.Meteor schema and also support the original standard
CID.Incoming schema. But first a question Stuart..

In the CID.Meteor Incoming.CallWithNoCID block you have a mandatory
"Type"
parameter - but if the incoming callerID information is not present on a
call then you don't know what type of call it is ie
VoiceRingbackMessageWaiting. This particular
"IncomingCallWithNoCID"
block would never have this present so I don't see how it can be a
mandatory
parameter ??

I do intend to add a couple of extra parameters to some of the CID.Meteor
blocks - including perhaps the BT datetime value and more importantly a
parameter for 'digits dialled so far' certainly within the
Outgoing.DigitPressed and perhaps the Incoming.DigitPressed blocks.

Class=CID.Meteor
Source=UKUSA.Meteor.01234567890
}
Outgoing.DigitPressed
{
Dialled=01484
Digit=4
}

Also if someone has some easy pointers on how to support a CallerID modem
then I will add support for this too - (direct attach not via TAPI). I
would
need the CID enable strings and the format of the CID data responses. I am
particularly keen to hear from any US people such that this applicationwill
be useful over there as the Meteor is not a viable option there. The STD
lookup database would need a bit of thought to be US adaptable in some way.