Re: Bogus UID xx000000

  • Subject: Re: Bogus UID xx000000
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 10:04:00 +0000

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 02:03:15 +0100, "Kevin Hawkins"
<<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=TFGOUyzXfWefdZ1hDjm8XxmQkPURpu7rRLkolKpkOukXcdAgjJ8Z0tPGmIVDf98y0KRFjLx1nkOypJG4b8AoaQ">lists@u...</a>>
wrote:

>The first two digits I think should still represent the network - so a
>normal UID would be FF000000 - or actually because this is a remote
network
>(bridged) maybe it should be FE000000 or something. The network ID may
have
>to be different to route messages.

If we imagine a future world where there is another similar system
that we want to bridge to, would we want to be able to identify what
type of system the message came from?

Ie should a certain network type ID be reserved for xPL (FE000000),
and another for 'SDI' (because it's a neat TLA) e.g. FD000000?

Stuart Booth <<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=5ZtdmXXkm16sy4JMmsnGwXJPBw76-PK-xzFj5dx_newIbUSxghLnHqHuh8fxQwqkUqBVZDpKwMPBpHpt-yWSOiw">stuart@x...</a>>
xAPFramework.net - a xAP software development framework for .net