Re: Call for Participants.

  • Subject: Re: Call for Participants.
  • From: mark_harrison_uk2
  • Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 13:05:00 +0000

xAP connector for the "PS/2 keyboard wedge" style scanners is
trivial.

If anyone actually wants one of these, let me know, and I'll knock
one up quickly in VB6.

More interestingly, however, I could use this as an easy introduction
to VB.NET and xapframework.net...

Vote now:

- VB6 version in a couple of days
- VB.NET version in a couple of weeks

(Poll coming in 2 mins)

Mark

--- In <a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=AqwkQjH4o8ykE9mFQQRaI-ANabUeb1tFO_x86RClD0xW5L-04LdUukP6bhCB4A0xcfWgNT-On4lCV-pZBL-KhInz1Jix1i8">xAP_developer@xxxxxxx</a>,
"Alistair Watkins" <ukha@a...>
wrote:
> As a new xAP'Per.. I'd love to have a look at this one :)
> ..annoyingly I am just about to give my Barcode scanner away due to
lack
> of apps like this!!
>
> I'll have a think about it, as I am new to all this, i'll probably
be
> slow, so if someone else wants to make a 'real' one, while I play
with
> this.. great!
>
> ah, and my barcode scanner is PS2, so if anyone can give me some
details
> on serial scanners, that would be great.
>
> sound good to you??
>
> thanks,
> ^mad^ ALi
>
> Stuart Poulton said:
> >

> > Dear All,
> >
> > No doubt some of you have seen the new interest in the use of
barcode
> > scanners.
> >
> > I think this could be an area when xAP could make a significant
entry to
> > the HA
> > arena.
> >
> > I'm thinking as follows
> >
> > 1) xAP Connector for barcode scanner
> > 2) xAP Connector to the UKHA Barcode database.
> >
> > Anyone fancy the challenge, Ideally I think we're looking at
windows
> > applications.
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Stuart