Lots happening ..

  • Subject: Lots happening ..
  • From: Kevin Hawkins
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 18:30:00 +0000

This is just a quick post to say the heaps of things are happening
at the moment in xAPland , unfortunately MSN and email has taken over a
little due to the long time lags in posted messages appearing through Yahoo
groups. We have perhaps been a little guilty though in not making an effort
to keep traffic on these lists too so I for one shall try and post here a
little more frequently.

Many new applications and feature updates are being worked on and
will appear shortly and we are also focussing strongly on making things
more
accessible and appealing to typical users rather than just the programmer
types. We had a 'milestone moment' last night when we all admitted we were
on all time high seeing some of the new things coming together and working
so be assured a lot is going on even though the lists sometimes may seem
quite quiet.

Also just to clarify we are all really happy with the current v1.2
xAP - we are working on applications not the specification which seems to
serve us all really well. The time spent thrashing the spec through has
paid
huge dividends as we appear to have got it right. The merits of having
hardware sub addressing and UID's present in our addressing is proving
invaluable in so many unexpected ways as we embrace more complex data
sources and devices.

Developers, please make sure you do contribute to these lists
wherever possible. I know that announcing work in development creates
pressures to deliver but that's the only way we know who's out there doing
what. Also people learn substantially from other posts and 'how do I ' type
questions so throw them in.

Lastly, if you're just wanting to use xAP stay tuned - it's going
to get far more coherent and easier for everyone soon. Some how to's ,
examples and nice applications are just around the corner.