RE: Re: xAP Serial Class (Second Attempt)

  • Subject: RE: Re: xAP Serial Class (Second Attempt)
  • From: Paul Barrett
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 21:18:00 +0000

> 2: A set of tools to ensure that xAP bridges all deliver the same
> base-line functionality - ie that they wrapper the xAP-handling of
> serial comms in a simple programatic class. In practice, this class
> would, on its own, deliver 90% of the functionality of a xAP
> bridge... but make it easy for another programmer to develop a
> combined hub/bridge or a more sophisticated piece of xAP
> infrastructure.
>
> -------------------
>
> It is my understanding from reading the spec, that Paul is aiming for
> number 2 here?

That's right.

Originally I set out to create a re-useable class to pass the messages
between the serial port and a Hub running on the PC.
This has now evolved a bit and I am also aiming to create a re-useable
class
which can be use by PC base xAPp's to communicate with the serial port in a
common way.

The design of these is still coming together and I hope that with the help
of the people here I can make something which will be of use to others as
well as my own projects.

Paul