Re: Re: Vendor name for SlimDevices?

  • Subject: Re: Re: Vendor name for SlimDevices?
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 12:36:00 +0000

Slim target addresses. The options as I currently see them:

1. target=SlimDevi.SliMP3.Office
2. target=KCSoft.SliMP3.Office
3. target=KCSoft.SliMP3-Connector.Server

1. is clearly the Slim itself and not a particular software
application.
2. is a bodge up of my connector application and the Slim's device
address to form one address.
3. is the address of my connector application, which no longer
contains any information about which particular Slim to control.

I do not like #2 - it feels wrong and unnatural.
Are these options complete or incorrect in some way?
Or am I missing the point entirely?

Stuart
--
Stuart Booth
Somewhere in Buckinghamshire, England, UK

<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=83ZubH-xC4Z_s1YwyvG9p5pCYj8mbvH9g9Ro-4OGo222W_rjEq7_jTUgRSfP8ZAjHxpapZO8yH9T-3ODEg">stuart@s...</a>