SliMP3 connector

  • Subject: SliMP3 connector
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 12:22:00 +0000

Hi Folks,

Last night I encapsulated the current suggested SliMP3 display schema
in some reusable classes in my xAPFramework code. I then had a little
bit of a late night and wrote a xAP<->SliMP3 Connector application
that uses this schema. This morning I added in the alignment functions
so it accepts all the values I've proposed thus far to do what I want
it to do.

Since I've only got the one Slim I can't fully test the targetting,
but if a display message is explicitly targetted at my Slim, it'll
appear. If not, e.g. by changing the target to another name, it won't
appear.

This targetting does currently rely on the name for each Slim player
specified in the Player Settings of the SlimServer s/w being a match
for the full xAP target address name e.g.
"SlimDevi.SliMP3.Office" or
"SlimDevi.SliMP3.Bedroom".

I really, really need to add wildcard addressing to my framework code
now so that "SlimDevi.SliMP3.*" will work instead.

I'll be putting all this code into a separate class library that can
be incorporated into any xAPFramework.net based xAPplication if
required.

BTW, the latest v3.1b3 Slim Server s/w supports the "listen"
command
and is supplied as a Windows application for those that are interested
in that.

A friend is visiting for the w/e shortly but I hope to post up the
application at least later this w/e for those that are interested.
I'll add some of the other commands/schemas soon too. For now though,
it does what I want it to.

Stuart
--
Stuart Booth
Somewhere in Buckinghamshire, England, UK

<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=F_0Be7RHr4n7pVeX9AfaHOJAIFLU2iPFXo43cL75RVEHa53KfxbtnWpf6Vn-He-GLYq2-PzVl1VqXlYk">stuart@s...</a>