RE: Topic 4: Point to point acknowledgement in xAP messages

  • Subject: RE: Topic 4: Point to point acknowledgement in xAP messages
  • From: Kevin Hawkins
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 01:37:00 +0000

Everyone - I am conscious here that we do not have the authority to change
the spec - what we're trying to do is get a consensus of the issues we need
to address either by 'policy' - a way of doing things - or by a suggested
alteration (addition) to the spec. Then we all do it the same way. This I
see as being formalised in a v1.2 policy adjunct or a v1.21 spec as
appropriate after appropriate consultation. One thing I am quite proud of
is
that v1.2 has proven very well thought through with good foresight. We can
layer on top of it nicely and we don't have to change or withdraw anything.
This has been achieved by not rushing quick changes through ( I know - my
Groups and Scenes proposal never made it !)
I don't want to encourage people to spend time coding to a 'work
around' when it may be changed yet again. Additionally our main software
architect, Patrick - is absent at the moment and I know he has a
significant
contribution to make in this area. Mark too - another spec committee
member.
However I have checked back over some of the spec committees discussion on
heartbeat message structure and a body inclusion is permitted although I
think we decided we needed more discussion on its intended usage before we
documented that. From your perspective though Stuart, yes, I think your
framework should accept bodies in heartbeat messages.

Kevin

href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=uQ6WSID_N899vDgQ1yvGWZkrOXorljNJL-0U36pLHC7-kydUsuvGhu6Q_MTNqtwre6FC71yo0GSmufK5">lists@x...</a>]
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=REDczzUvSgLXQJmAMa0pw-eFFLrJQLg202gnlU9cvlyUztYaDCjzQg2QuRR4mKBNKkQWqeHwtd6JCS3RfxN-UUWwvunJiaT_">xAP_developer@xxxxxxx</a>

href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=IonnQHJhBa1ocbfV53KgLzKhxEXu2NHpoNAn3XPz5u_mXmeS97VL2Ni6h_zeNqDMe8dAv6o3uTE">Ian@M...</a>>
> wrote:
>
> >Not sure if it is written down anywhere but this suggestion
originally
> came
> >from Patrick when I needed a 'how did it go' status from the
receiver.

> Right then, if you two are doing that, I'll ensure my framework
> accepts it too.

> --
> Stuart Booth
> xAPFramework.net - a reusable xAP framework for .net

<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=R3wL_J0o_MtO8NsCO1FPpEVnjMgPBw8R0TFYHF1-dv-cRvS6P5-Q5oV8LaIJef8SdYslnBCZJ8-se654rEW0">stuart@x...</a>