RE: Topic 5: targetting Based on UID

  • Subject: RE: Topic 5: targetting Based on UID
  • From: Kevin Hawkins
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 01:12:00 +0000

Yes - on all counts to this ! As I said though I think its messy and
unworkable really. Am impressed you understood my rambling though !

href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=Ata_x-zG65dlCvZfLC_0o9F6n1Z3WkndBNbcvKvoDKZu3D1ZknSizaq-WuHp5eSOBkjOCAF6XuJUns8Yg4tggQ">lists@x...</a>]
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=t-l2rJn-djBHtoe7MMdKRKE3avyOmYP1n1cAWjiZh1yaYRbxyOQnnJLc6w8kn002va2Nq9dpPIaAYnE2TTESG52v42od5rQv">xAP_developer@xxxxxxx</a>

href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=a51aTsspKr5OxYy47PLTPAzMhBWEi9pT-zWWvLs-GuftJtEduQircLhqIyg3TADaLolQH08tAOmF5ctuj8u7sVUX">lists@u...</a>>
wrote:

> > How about a low power switch being able to just target
> >a lamp based on UID - now again the low power switch can make the
same
> >savings - but actually it can't because it would have to send the
full
> >target address as well. Are there ways around this ?? Well yes,
but
> they are
> >not tidy. You could enlist a 'helper' (cache) on a xAP network
that
> >monitored any devices targeting just based on UID and filled in
the
> targets
> >full address as well, or you could just allow it as a device
> restriction. My
> >feelings now are that the latter is unacceptable and the former
> >overcomplicates the whole operation of xAP.
>
> So a helper app would detect a message with only UID targetting in it
> (no full target address).
>
> A lower-end device hunting only on target UID would pick up the

<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=Tki7gDeK8mJruKFQsPc2PCzXYe53-0slJCzDEhOfN_JrEZhSp-mg4hcz82sAXE_B_rZ3jok323satNOtKEA">stuart@x...</a>