Re: <a href="http://www.xapframework.net/">http://www.xapframework.net/</a>

  • Subject: Re: <a href="http://www.xapframework.net/">http://www.xapframework.net/</a>
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 19:40:00 +0000

Hi Alistair,

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 00:29:26 -0000, "Alistair Watkins"
<<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=t0CJaHhrfEEfstOOOm6igP_KmmB4E89z8kkiERoQKBz7JvUQP_fi-GJu6X_NSOywC7PAHC0Psr3b3umreBBbsA">ukha@a...</a>>
wrote:

>am just working on my first proper xAPplication, something to remotely
>shut down network PCs (something may already exist, but I am up for
>re-inventing the wheel) Have been trying to look at
but it appears to be down, is this a
>problem at my end, or is it a known failure?!

Seems there was some sort of a problem with the hosting. I hadn't even
noticed to be honest as I've been busy these past 2 days. Received
this today:

66
We just wanted to give you an update to what has happened in the last
12 hours. One of our servers has been constantly been attacked, from
the initial logs it looks like these came from Brazil. These have now
been isolated and blocked.

We have had to disable the virus scanning faculties temporarily whilst
this system catches up with the backlog of mail.
99

>Does anyone know of a mirror?

Ah, sadly not (yet). There's been a call to put the apps and downloads
onto the xAPAutomation.org site but I've yet to get to doing this.
Maintaining all the links and various files is a real job and a half,
more so across multiple sites. An automated system would be great. One
of these days!!

Still, on the whole the hosting at RapidHosting for xAPFramework has
been excellent with only intermittent problems.

Stuart Booth <<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=Pvg_2EdZgqhkM1S3SH18S98G35Tn_IgzCc_ifTlcWqxf79e0A_81aTEw1LE8dnuKy_1HX1G-vaf08Qu8RurWLQ">stuart@x...</a>>
xAPFramework.net - a xAP software development framework for .net