0-based indices vs 1-based in xAP messages?

  • Subject: 0-based indices vs 1-based in xAP messages?
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 19:32:00 +0000

Folks,

James pointed this out to me, that I'm somewhat inconsistent in my
index value usage in some areas of my schemas. I intend to revisit
these soon.

Whilst I'm more comfortable with 0-based indices, perhaps xAP messages
should always be 1-based and then the various software devices
translate to the appropriate index-base internally?

It makes the schemas more readable and intuitive for non-developers
and avoids inconsistencies between different schemas, for different
devices or by different xAP developers.

Any preferences/thoughts?

Stuart Booth <<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=iLlnBvuC-ANAvFQRzlWZKnqEaxm1VrWmVCzvEDBH1vST2VceAbWll2g0bP3EFsV21ynhHN3mpbVZypL1TsTimIeK">stuart@x...</a>>
xAPFramework.net - a xAP software development framework for .net