Re: xAP Router & xAP hub

  • Subject: Re: xAP Router & xAP hub
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 10:50:00 +0000

On Sat, 19 Apr 2003 09:11:33 -0000, "Patrick Lidstone"
<<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=BUSochQhCk5aGjdxEMvfEKHtamJNmJqj5aTwqwrVCBqYPKTLUyEwT6t3ka_lfrBuThUXwwgSat9FVci65w">patrick@l...</a>>
wrote:

>If the router has heartbeat forwarding enabling, local hubs can get
>into the situation whereby they endlessly rebroadcast a forwarded
>heartbeat if the remote heartbeat references a port which is already
>in use.

Ooohhhhhhh, I had what sounds to be exactly the same problem with my
hub, albeit I was testing something for StuartP, and a faked up xap
heartbeat message referenced an already used port. My apps went
absolutely nuts over that one!

>The solution: hubs should check the UID of any heartbeat and verify
>that the first two bytes, the network identifier, are 'FF' which
>indicates the message originated on the local network, before
>connecting the device to the hub.

I can't recall what I did to fix it, but it wasn't that. I'll
implement this fix in mine too.

Elsewhere, for general info ... I've been working on my SliMP3
connector lately. A massive set of changes coming to that once I've
finished testing it this w/e. I'll post about this to the
xap_automation group later though as I'd rather see that group kept
lively.

Stuart
--
Stuart Booth
xAPFramework.net - a reusable xAP framework for .net

<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=3DbnozD9bjGTRK_5VwWA30EafntCxAz8UzVensp0wSuR19j20gEisD15-1BNy-R5ZWPe3vsonIP7lY2-cPw">stuart@x...</a>