Re: HouseBot Plug-in

  • Subject: Re: HouseBot Plug-in
  • From: "zagknut" <brad@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 13:11:26 -0000

I deleted all of my Tasks and recreated the Pause task, and it works
with no delay. So, disregard my last. Thanks!
--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, "Edward Pearson"
<edward.mailgroup@...> wrote:

> Thanks for the screenshots - it's the only really clear way of
communicating
> a HouseBot setup. One of it's few -ve points.
>

> One thing I can't see in the shots though is the detailed settings for
the
> 'xAP Message Target'. And it occurs to me that the behaviour you
depict is
> exactly what would happen if the checkbox 'Allow Same Value Settings'
for
> this property was unchecked. Can you check the setting of that please.

06861/view?picmode=large&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&dir=asc>
 screen shot

> Regards, Brad
>

> --- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, "Edward Pearson"
> <edward.mailgroup@> wrote:
> >
> > writing a value, even if it's the same as the existing value,
from a task
> > action into the target property of the sender device is the right
way to
> > trigger the message send.
> >

> > So you should have
> >
> > 1) a HB button that calls a task,
> >
> > 2) the task makes changes to a sender device, the last one being
the
> > target property
> >
> > 3) the sender device transmits the xAP message to SqueezeCenter
> >

> > Not sure I follow your description below. A screen shot of the
task might
> > help.

Squeezeboxes, now
> > am stumped on the HouseBot Plug-in. Let me know if there is a
better forum
> > for these questions.
> >
> > I have created a Sender device in HouseBot that will send the
button
> > commands to the correct squeezebox when I click on the
"Click to test and
> > send message". So, I try to create a "macro" using
Tasks, but no luck;
> > nothing is sent. In the help section of HouseBot on xAP Sender
Devices it
> > says "Writing a value to the xAP Message Target property
triggers the xAP
> > message", so I use "add Action" item and chage my
button name (favorites,
> > play, etc) and then the name of the target. Unfortunately, the
target name
> > is not changed between the "marco" calls and the
command is not sent. So,
> > try changing the target field to "-", which creates an
error message in