Re: Macsense Homepod/Homepad

--00148531b92cddf7a2047455f795

Hi,
I did some work on the homepod and demoed it at the meet - but shortly
after
that macsense / gloolabs discontinued it, and that, combined with the lack
of software updates to keep pace with the later versions of Java, meant it
just wasn't worth continuing to invest the time to develop for an obsolete
device. Sorry not to have more positive news.

Patrick

2009/9/23 turner228 <kevin@xxxxxxx>

> I am considering some bathroom renovation work and was thinking of
> installing a homepod I have in my toy box.
>
> I seem to recall seeing someone show off a Homepod on the xAP stand at
the
> UKHA meet at the Comet Hotel years ago and there is a reference on the
> xAPAutomation site for it as well.
>
> Anyone any idea what was implemted in the xAPped version, by whom and
if it
> is available?
>
> Kevin T

--00148531b92cddf7a2047455f795

<head>

<!--

/* start of attachment style */
.ygrp-photo-title{
clear: both;
font-size: smaller;
height: 15px;
overflow: hidden;
text-align: center;
width: 75px;
}
div.ygrp-photo{
background-position: center;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-color: white;
border: 1px solid black;
height: 62px;
width: 62px;
}

div.photo-title=20
a,
div.photo-title a:active,
div.photo-title a:hover,
div.photo-title a:visited {
text-decoration: none;=20
}

div.attach-table div.attach-row {
clear: both;
}

div.attach-table div.attach-row div {
float: left;
/* margin: 2px;*/
}

p {
clear: both;
padding: 15px 0 3px 0;
overflow: hidden;
}

div.ygrp-file {
width: 30px;
valign: middle;
}
div.attach-table div.attach-row div div a {
text-decoration: none;
}

div.attach-table div.attach-row div div span {
font-weight: normal;
}

div.ygrp-file-title {
font-weight: bold;
}
/* end of attachment style */
-->
</head>
<!--
#ygrp-mkp{
border: 1px solid #d8d8d8;
font-family: Arial;
margin: 14px 0px;
padding: 0px 14px;
}
#ygrp-mkp hr{
border: 1px solid #d8d8d8;
}
#ygrp-mkp #hd{
color: #628c2a;
font-size: 85%;
font-weight: bold;
line-height: 122%;
margin: 10px 0px;
}
#ygrp-mkp #ads{
margin-bottom: 10px;
}
#ygrp-mkp .ad{
padding: 0 0;
}
#ygrp-mkp .ad a{
color: #0000ff;
text-decoration: none;
}
-->
</head>

<!-- **begin egp html banner** -->

<!-- **end egp html banner** -->

Hi,<br>I did some work on the homepod and demoed it at the meet - but
=
the lack of software updates to keep pace with the later versions of Java,
=
meant it just wasn&#39;t worth continuing to invest the time to develop
for=
an obsolete device. Sorry not to have more positive news.<br>
class=3D"gmail_quote">2009/9/23 turner228 <span dir=
=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:kevin@xxxxxxx";>kevin@xxxxxxx.=
class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"border-left=
: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left:
1e=
x;">
I am considering some bathroom renovation work and was thinking of
installi=
ng a homepod I have in my toy box.<br>
I seem to recall seeing someone show off a Homepod on the xAP stand at the
=
UKHA meet at the Comet Hotel years ago and there is a reference on the
xAPA=
utomation site for it as well.<br>
Anyone any idea what was implemted in the xAPped version, by whom and if
it=
is available?<br>
Kevin T<br>