Re: xAP to Squeezebox without Squeezecenter

  • Subject: Re: xAP to Squeezebox without Squeezecenter
  • From: "Paul Bendall" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 17:36:19 -0000

Thanks Ed and kevin for the replies

--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, "Edward Pearson"
<edward.mailgroup@...> wrote:
<snip>

> Why don't you run SC on the mini-ITX but leave all the media files on
the
> big box? Worth a try. One known downside is that while audio serving
> requires little CPU (unless the format requires transcoding)  the SC
web
> interface does take a fair amount of grunt to make it responsive.

The above is exactly the problem that drove me to put SC on the Big Box. I
first had SC 6.3 on a QNAP NAS device and it worked ok, then SC 6.5 made
the web page experience painful. I moved SC to the Mini-ITX server, but at
the point of SC 7.0 the web interface again became to painful and I moved
it on to the Big Box.

Other option I guess is whether I can switch the SB's from the Mini Box to
the Big Box as and when needed?

Paul