Re: Re: xAP Stopped Working

In which case I suspect that when you look in services you will find
that the hub failed to startup - probably because some other
application/service had already acquired port 3639.  Can you only run
the xAP hub and see if that works.

Do any of the other xAP app heartbeats show they are using port 3639 ?

Marc Fuller wrote:

> Hi Kevin,
>
> Point taken about the hub.. using the new one now and have written a
> script to make sure it loads before Homeseer and Redrat.
>
> I've only got one network adapter in the PC and a look in network
> connections confirm this.
>
> A viewer running on a different PC sees xAP messages from the 2K3 PC !
> But interesting enough, no messages from the Hub.. at least nothing on
> port 3639!
>
> Very strange as this is the new hub running.
>
> Kevin Hawkins wrote:
> >

> > I too would recommend staying with a separate service based hub -
but
> > ensure it is the very first xAP (service) that loads, before
RedRat
> and HS.
> >
> > Have you by any chance got two network adaptors active in this
machine
> > now ? Look in Network Connections which I think is the same on
2K3 -
> > this could cause xAP to bind to the wrong one.
> >
> > If you run xFX Viewer on a different PC do you see xAP messages
from the
> > 2K3 machine and if so what ports do they show they are using in
their
> > heartbeats ? The hub should be operational on port 3639.
Applications
> > being deaf is a classic sysmptom of the xAP hub not running - but
all
> > apps can still send xAP messages.

> > marcrfuller wrote:
> > >

> > > Hi Edward,
> > >
> > > Many thanks for the reply. I'm using Windows Server 2003 so
there is
> > > no firewall running. I've tried the latest hub... no joy. No
messages
> > > at all!
> > >
> > > Any other ideas?
> > >
> > > Many Thanks
> > >
> > > Marc
> > >
> > > --- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx
> <mailto:xap_automation%40yahoogroups.com>
> > <mailto:xap_automation%40yahoogroups.com>
> > > <mailto:xap_automation%40yahoogroups.com>,
"Edward Pearson"

> > > have gotten

dedicated hub
> > > rather than

> <http://www.erspearson.com/xAP/xFx/hubs_main.htm>
> > <http://www.erspearson.com/xAP/xFx/hubs_main.htm
> <http://www.erspearson.com/xAP/xFx/hubs_main.htm>>
> > > <http://www.erspearson.com/xAP/xFx/hubs_main.htm
> <http://www.erspearson.com/xAP/xFx/hubs_main.htm>
> > <http://www.erspearson.com/xAP/xFx/hubs_main.htm
> <http://www.erspearson.com/xAP/xFx/hubs_main.htm>>>

> <mailto:xap_automation%40yahoogroups.com>
> > <mailto:xap_automation%40yahoogroups.com>
> > > <mailto:xap_automation%40yahoogroups.com>
> > > [mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx
> <mailto:xap_automation%40yahoogroups.com>

reason it has
> stopped
> > > all... not
> > > anything.. not