Re: Re: xAP Stopped Working

I too would recommend staying with a separate service based hub - but
ensure it is the very first xAP (service) that loads, before RedRat and HS.

Have you by any chance got two network adaptors active in this machine
now ? Look in Network Connections which I think is the same on 2K3 -
this could cause xAP to bind to the wrong one.

If you run xFX Viewer on a different PC do you see xAP messages from the
2K3 machine and if so what ports do they show they are using in their
heartbeats ? The hub should be operational on port 3639. Applications
being deaf is a classic sysmptom of the xAP hub not running - but all
apps can still send xAP messages.

marcrfuller wrote:

> Hi Edward,
>
> Many thanks for the reply. I'm using Windows Server 2003 so there is
> no firewall running. I've tried the latest hub... no joy. No messages
> at all!
>
> Any other ideas?
>
> Many Thanks
>
> Marc
>
> --- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx
> <mailto:xap_automation%40yahoogroups.com>,
"Edward Pearson"
> <edward.mailgroup@...> wrote:
> >
> > First thought would be to check your firewall settings, they may
> have gotten
> > mixed up across the IP config change.
> >

> > Also, I think it'd be better to install a newer, dedicated hub
> rather than
> > use the one in the RedRat connector.
> >
> > http://www.erspearson.com/xAP/xFx/hubs_main.htm
> <http://www.erspearson.com/xAP/xFx/hubs_main.htm>
> >

> > From: xap_automation@xxxxxxx
> <mailto:xap_automation%40yahoogroups.com>

Could