Re: Newbie

Hi Dave, and welcome.

First of all apologies - this message seems to have eluded the
Yahoo moderation system and so sat sad and lonely over Xmas - I only
just saw it .

Your project sounds really interesting and I'm preferring ZigBee
over Z-Wave - in fact I have a couple of ZigBee devices but I am not
sure just at the moment if their implementation is standard.   There's
those 'Alert Me'  ZigBee power monitor plugs appearing soon too for
£25
and if they worked that would be great. .   Are you using the MaxStream
ZigBee modules - and if so which versions I wonder.   I had some earlier
ones but they didn't mesh well - I understand later ones whilst now able
to mesh are incompatible with those earlier ones.

Re the xAP plugin for HomeSeer - there are actually three , the mcs
ones being the most actively maintained.   Using xAP means you don't
need to write a HomeSeer plugin, and if you implement the xAP BSC (v1.3)
schema then the devices are automatically recognised and can just be
enabled in HomeSeer.  Indeed this also applies to any HA application
that has a xAP plugin - so automatically you would have support within
HomeSeer, HouseBot, MisterHouse, Premise (?), Charmed Quark, Cortex,
xLobby, xAP Floorplan, OPNMax etc as well as all other xAP
applications.    You can use other schema too with a lot of these
applications.   I don't know whether you intend to have some of your
boards available to others (I know I'd be interested) but it's nice to
get such a wide range of application support provided without writing
any of the plugins..

Do keep us posted and ask away with any questions you have.  There
are some forum posts on xAP v1.3 here and in the developer forum  (most
significant change being the UID field expansion) and , if you do
implement the BSC schema then this has some fairly obvious follow
through to the ID= field handling.

Cheers Kevin