Now: CurrentCost was Re: Paging Kevin Hawkings

  • Subject: Now: CurrentCost was Re: Paging Kevin Hawkings
  • From: "turner228" <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 19:07:58 -0000

With apologies for replying to myself :)
but some additional informstion

In the Southern Electric's xml the src section is as follows

<src>
<name>CC02</name>
<id>01356</id>
<type>1</type>
</src>

In what I assume is the newer directly supplied display the src
section is

<src>
<name>CC02</name>
<id>03017</id>
<type>1</type>
<sver>1.06</sver>
</src>

Ignoring the id, which I believe to be the ID of the clamp
transmitter, the difference is the sver, ie the software version,
which does not exist in the lower capability display

Kevin T
www.netcomp.biz

--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, "turner228" <kevin@...>
wrote:

> I have two of the CurrentCost LCD displays which I have been
playing
> with.
>
> The original one was "Southern Electric"'s special offer,
and the
> port is set for 2400 baud and only supplies current data.
>
> The second one from CurrentCost's ebay shop runs at 9600baud and
has
> a full set of data
>
> HTH
>
> Kevin T
> (the other kevin)
> www.netcomp.biz
>
> --- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, "rb_ziggy"
> <richard.boreham@> wrote:
> >
> > Kevin
> >
> > Thanks for that - I'll remember on the mail front;-)
> >
> > I'm quite taken with the device so if there is a prob with the
> > software version, I'd be tempted to track down a version with the
> > historic data for logging purposes. (Leaving the other in the
> kitchen
> > to persuade others to turn off things!)
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Richard
> >
> > --- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, Kevin Hawkins
> > <yahoogroupskh@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Richard,
> > >
> > >       I'm afraid I don't read every post on UKHA and I
missed
> that one
> > > as it's under a topic for a product I don't have. (Wattson)
> > direct
> > > email is likley the best way to contact me ;-)
> > >
> > >       I'll dig out the code and just check what dependencies
it
> has -
> > > probably only the latest Intranet OCX which I'm sure you
have.
> I'm
> > not
> > > sure how (if) it will cope with the historic data not being
> provided in
> > > your version of the Current Cost but try it and see.
> > >
> > >     Kevin

partially