Re: XAP Ethernet relay

  • Subject: Re: XAP Ethernet relay
  • From: "turner228" <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 07:49:26 -0000

Paul
With apologies for the slow reply, I have not been available.

Currently I have the following BSC connectors which have not yet been
released

a USB single relay from ebay seller Kuzito, or http://www.sigma-
shop.com/

a serial 8 way relay board from ebay seller lewisrendal or
http://www.j-b-s.co.uk

an old internal pc card, the Advantech PCL725, relay and digital
input ( this needs revisiting)

another old internal pc card, the Blue Chip RB8, relay ( this needs
revisiting too)

I have also got the 8 way USB relay board from Kuzito, which is a
variation of the one relay connector above and which is work in
progress

And there is the K74 parallel relay connector which has been
available for a while over on the netcomp download area on mi4.biz

Kevin T

--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, "wheelbarrowuk2001"
<ukha@...>
wrote:

> Hi Kevin_T,
>
> Thanks for the responce, What is the usb 8 realy device you have ?
The
> fact that the Netiom is self contained is not a problem for me as
the
> server needs to be on to run floorplan and it already has 2 other
usb
> devices attached, RFXCom and a weather station.
>
> I think i'm just going to bite the bullet and get a second netiom.
But

wrote:

> > Hi Paul
> >
> > I am prepared to be contradicted, but I think that the netiom is
the
> > only xAP-embedded relay controller that is available at that sort
of
> > price level.
> >
> > More expensive would be the Barionet, Edward has done some work
on
> > this, and the other Kevin will probably tell you about C-Bus and
> > Homevision.
> >
> > I have a written a few connectors for other relay devices, serial
and
> > USB connected, with one to 8 relays, and also one for the Aviosy
IP