Re: xAP Jabber

--------------080602000608050202050205

http://www.mi4.biz/files/jabber/xapjabber_0_5_beta.zip

For those daring to try!
Should just copy over an existing install using all the same settings.
It will support TLS and SSL now, SSL being enabled by changing the port
to 5223. Tested and worked fine talking to google talk as well as a self
signed Openfire.
Display message templates are now available to tailor messages from
different xAP sources. Actually you can every vary them based on xAP
Source and message priority.  All the old features are there including
the per user settings.

Gregg,
Jingle is a bit beyond what I have the libraries to do.  I'll keep an
eye open though

Let me know how you get on

James

Gregg Liming wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> James Traynor wrote:
>
>> So you can certainly embed clickable links.
>>

> I had thought that was the case, but testing w/ "normal"
jabber clients
> didn't allow it (sending html)--presumably because they self-limit to
> text only.
>

>> I have a plan to do
>> templates per source, hopefully should be flexible enough
>>

> That sounds awesome!
>

>> self signed is fine. I'm testing against the latest openfire with
self
>> signed certs, using both the TLS port and the SSL one
>>

> Good to hear!
>
> On a semi-related note, is it practical to think of  xAP Jabber as a
xAP
> speak "gateway" (working in collaboration w/ xAP Speak) if
you used
> jingle as a conduit?  I realize this might be "blue-sky";
but, wondered
> if you had considered/investigated.

--------------080602000608050202050205

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01
Transitional//EN">
<head>
http-equiv="Content-Type">
<title></title>
</head>

<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.mi4.biz/files/jabber/xapjabber_0_5_beta.zip";>http://www.mi4.biz/files/jabber/xapjabber_0_5_beta.zip</a><br>
For those daring to try!<br>
Should just copy over an existing install using all the same settings.
It will support TLS and SSL now, SSL being enabled by changing the port
to 5223. Tested and worked fine talking to google talk as well as a
self signed Openfire.<br>
Display message templates are now available to tailor messages from
different xAP sources. Actually you can every vary them based on xAP
Source and message priority.&nbsp; All the old features are there
including
the per user settings.<br>
Gregg,<br>
Jingle is a bit beyond what I have the libraries to do.&nbsp; I'll keep
an
eye open though<br>
Let me know how you get on<br>
James<br>
Gregg Liming wrote:
type="cite">
<pre wrap="">Hi James,

James Traynor wrote:
</pre>
<pre wrap="">So you can certainly embed clickable links.
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->
I had thought that was the case, but testing w/ "normal" jabber
clients
didn't allow it (sending html)--presumably because they self-limit to
text only.

</pre>
<pre wrap="">I have a plan to do
templates per source, hopefully should be flexible enough
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->
That sounds awesome!

</pre>
<pre wrap="">self signed is fine. I'm testing against the