Re: Barionet xAP code

Hi Andre,

I just had a quick look over the code and we need to tweak it a
little...

In xAP BSC there are three types of endpoints, binary, level and
text and an endpoint can only be of one type,  although all level and
text devices carry a state parameter.   Should a device/endpoint be more
complex then it is presented as two or more independent endpoint values
(or you use a different schema).   In your adaption you have presented a
1-wire sensor as both level based and text based which is not
supported.  All devices must carry a binary state= parameter and so the
mixed level/text device happens to be the only combination that can't be
used.  However , conveniently - you can present a text string within a
level based device by including a displaytext= parameter :-)

I believe the mcs xAP HomeSeer plugin supports this same mapping of
this parameter value into device values . As you wish to transfer both
the level and the text I think it's best for your usage to change the
text= to displaytext=  , rather than drop the level and create a pure
text device.  Maybe you could try it within HomeSeer and confirm this
works ok for you ??

Not supported as it is a hybrid level/text device.
input.state
{
State=
Level=
Text=
}

This is OK and recommended
input.state
{
State=
Level=
DisplayText=
}

and this is OK
input.state
{
State=
Text=
}

and so is this should you wish
input.state
{
State=
Text=
DisplayText=
}

I'm sure you will have found it but the xAP BSC v1.3   schema is
documented at
http://www.xapautomation.org/index.php?title=Basic_Status_and_Control_Schema

Cheers Kevin

Andre Van Der Merwe wrote:

> the xAPBSC now passes the correct 1-wire temperature through to
> Homeseer. In the attached word document the changed text is
> highlighted. The device status displays correctly. the DeviceString
> contains the temperature in resolution of .1 degrees celcius ie 23.1.
> However the DeviceValue contains a rounded integer degree celcius ie
> 23. For higher accuracy control in HSconvert the DeviceValue to
variable.

> Change the extention from .doc to .bas to tokenize.
>
> --- On *Wed, 6/4/08, Kevin Hawkins /<yahoogroupskh@xxxxxxx>/*
> wrote:
>
>     From: Kevin Hawkins <yahoogroupskh@xxxxxxx>
>     Subject: Re: [xap_automation] Barionet xAP code
>     To: xap_automation@xxxxxxx
>     Date: Wednesday, June 4, 2008, 11:07 PM
>
>     Glad it's working Andre ,
>
>     I'm finding a few issues with the code and I'm adding a few bits
as
>     I progress. It's likely I'll release an update in a week or so any
>     changes you want let me know - if you can highlight the actual
code
>     changed that would be great. Please use copious comments too.
>
>     Re the decimal values - BSC doesn't support these either - nor
does
>     it support negative values. What you can do however is to report
them
>     as a displaytext parameter within a BSC block - and you can form
the
>     decimal number by using scaled integer arithmetic in BCL and then
>     create
>     a string and insert the decimal point
>
>     displaytext= 51.24°c
>
>     Or you could abandon the level based BSC device altogether and use
>     text one instead text=-11.25°F
>
>     Actually, and more approriately for such 'telemetry' data we have
>     another schema called TSC , it's not as universal as BSC yet but
>     we hope
>     eventually it will become so. - the spec for BSC and TSC are on
>     the xAP
>     website
>
>     http://www.xapautom ation.org/ index.php?
title=Schema
>     <http://www.xapautomation.org/index.php?title=Schema>
>
>     Kevin
>
>     Andre Van Der Merwe wrote:
>     >
>     > Hi Kevin,
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     > no you answered my questions. i have just not checked this
email
>     recently.
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     > the system is now working and i am getting the 1-wire
>     temperatures out
>     > fine. Unfortunately the Barionet BCL code does not support
floating
>     > point variables, so I can only get integer degree celcius
out.
>     If is
>     > use the correct xAP schema , typically 23degC corresponds to
>     368/4096..
>     > this works great.
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     > Now i am working on getting the 368/4096 to make some sence
in
>     homeseer.
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     > I made some changes to the code to achieve the above. Also in
>     the code
>     > it refers to a "config.txt" file which should
change to
>     "xapcfg.txt" .
>     > Shall i send the update ?
>     >
>     > --- On *Tue, 6/3/08, Kevin Hawkins /<yahoogroupskh@
googlemail.
>     com <mailto:yahoogroupskh%40googlemail.com>>/*
>     > wrote:
>     >
>     > From: Kevin Hawkins <yahoogroupskh@ googlemail. com
>     <mailto:yahoogroupskh%40googlemail.com>>
>     > Subject: Re: [xap_automation] Barionet xAP code
>     > To: xap_automation@ yahoogroups. com
>     <mailto:xap_automation%40yahoogroups.com>
>     > Date: Tuesday, June 3, 2008, 11:58 AM
>     >
>     > Andre,
>     >
>     > Phew....We seem to have a communication problem..
>     >
>     > I responded to a post you made a few days back in the xAP mi4
>     > plugin area on the HomeSeer BBS where you were actually using
>     the mcs
>     > plugin - fortunately Michael saw it anyway. Also on the Barix
>     > Barionet
>     > forum last week I responded too and you said you already had
the
>     > code..
>     > I have taken a look at the Barionet xAP code (the BSC v1.3
>     > version) and
>     > so I dusted off my own Barionet, re-tokenized it and it
loaded
>     > fine. I
>     > posted some detailed instructions there as to how to do this.
Quite
>     > why it was dusty I'm not sure as it's a great device on xAP
and I
>     > shall
>     > be using it now going forwards :-)
>     >
>     > Since then, with Edwards permission, I have updated the code
>     > slightly to fix a couple of issues I spotted and I have sent
you two
>     > revised versions by email . I also sent you directly by email
the
>     > .cob
>     > file so you could load it directly into your Barionet -
assuming you
>     > have the latest firmware - but I haven't been able to get any
info
>     > from
>     > you as to which Barionet firmware you are running. Then you
posted
>     > a HomeSeer plugin issue question and so I tried it out here
and it
>     > worked fine but I noticed you were still not using the latest
>     > firmware I
>     > sent you :-(
>     >
>     > So I don't know what more we can do... Please can you check
your
>     > email and try those most recent versions I sent you. They
work
>     > perfectly well here. You seem to be using an old xAP v1.2 /
BSC v1.2