Re: Barionet xAP code

Hi Andre,

Sounds good I'll take a look and try and merge this into the next
release .:-)   It will be interesting as you have a lot of Barionets
there at the University so I would like to get this working well for you
and your students.

Could you send any future code releases directly  to me (at my
xapautomation email address)  rather than post the source code to the
public list .  I'm happy to post the discussion aspect here though.    I
don't think it's an issue to Edward but I haven't checked and I don't
think Yahoo groups allows the attachment anyway.  I deleted it from your
post in advance.

Cheers Kevin

Andre Van Der Merwe wrote:

> the xAPBSC now passes the correct 1-wire temperature through to
> Homeseer. In the attached word document the changed text is
> highlighted. The device status displays correctly. the DeviceString
> contains the temperature in resolution of .1 degrees celcius ie 23.1.
> However the DeviceValue contains a rounded integer degree celcius ie
> 23. For higher accuracy control in HSconvert the DeviceValue to
variable.

> Change the extention from .doc to .bas to tokenize.
>
> --- On *Wed, 6/4/08, Kevin Hawkins /<yahoogroupskh@xxxxxxx>/*
> wrote:
>
>     From: Kevin Hawkins <yahoogroupskh@xxxxxxx>
>     Subject: Re: [xap_automation] Barionet xAP code
>     To: xap_automation@xxxxxxx
>     Date: Wednesday, June 4, 2008, 11:07 PM
>
>     Glad it's working Andre ,
>
>     I'm finding a few issues with the code and I'm adding a few bits
as
>     I progress. It's likely I'll release an update in a week or so any
>     changes you want let me know - if you can highlight the actual
code
>     changed that would be great. Please use copious comments too.
>
>     Re the decimal values - BSC doesn't support these either - nor
does
>     it support negative values. What you can do however is to report
them
>     as a displaytext parameter within a BSC block - and you can form
the
>     decimal number by using scaled integer arithmetic in BCL and then
>     create
>     a string and insert the decimal point
>
>     displaytext= 51.24°c
>
>     Or you could abandon the level based BSC device altogether and use
>     text one instead text=-11.25°F
>
>     Actually, and more approriately for such 'telemetry' data we have
>     another schema called TSC , it's not as universal as BSC yet but
>     we hope
>     eventually it will become so. - the spec for BSC and TSC are on
>     the xAP
>     website
>
>     http://www.xapautom ation.org/ index.php?
title=Schema
>     <http://www.xapautomation.org/index.php?title=Schema>
>
>     Kevin
>
>     Andre Van Der Merwe wrote:
>     >
>     > Hi Kevin,
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     > no you answered my questions. i have just not checked this
email
>     recently.
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     > the system is now working and i am getting the 1-wire
>     temperatures out
>     > fine. Unfortunately the Barionet BCL code does not support
floating
>     > point variables, so I can only get integer degree celcius
out.
>     If is
>     > use the correct xAP schema , typically 23degC corresponds to
>     368/4096..
>     > this works great.
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     > Now i am working on getting the 368/4096 to make some sence
in
>     homeseer.
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     > I made some changes to the code to achieve the above. Also in
>     the code
>     > it refers to a "config.txt" file which should
change to
>     "xapcfg.txt" .
>     > Shall i send the update ?
>     >
>     > --- On *Tue, 6/3/08, Kevin Hawkins /<yahoogroupskh@
googlemail.
>     com <mailto:yahoogroupskh%40googlemail.com>>/*
>     > wrote:
>     >
>     > From: Kevin Hawkins <yahoogroupskh@ googlemail. com
>     <mailto:yahoogroupskh%40googlemail.com>>
>     > Subject: Re: [xap_automation] Barionet xAP code
>     > To: xap_automation@ yahoogroups. com
>     <mailto:xap_automation%40yahoogroups.com>
>     > Date: Tuesday, June 3, 2008, 11:58 AM
>     >
>     > Andre,
>     >
>     > Phew....We seem to have a communication problem..
>     >
>     > I responded to a post you made a few days back in the xAP mi4
>     > plugin area on the HomeSeer BBS where you were actually using
>     the mcs
>     > plugin - fortunately Michael saw it anyway. Also on the Barix
>     > Barionet
>     > forum last week I responded too and you said you already had
the
>     > code..
>     > I have taken a look at the Barionet xAP code (the BSC v1.3
>     > version) and
>     > so I dusted off my own Barionet, re-tokenized it and it
loaded
>     > fine. I
>     > posted some detailed instructions there as to how to do this.
Quite
>     > why it was dusty I'm not sure as it's a great device on xAP
and I
>     > shall
>     > be using it now going forwards :-)
>     >
>     > Since then, with Edwards permission, I have updated the code
>     > slightly to fix a couple of issues I spotted and I have sent
you two
>     > revised versions by email . I also sent you directly by email
the
>     > .cob
>     > file so you could load it directly into your Barionet -
assuming you
>     > have the latest firmware - but I haven't been able to get any
info
>     > from
>     > you as to which Barionet firmware you are running. Then you
posted
>     > a HomeSeer plugin issue question and so I tried it out here
and it
>     > worked fine but I noticed you were still not using the latest
>     > firmware I
>     > sent you :-(
>     >
>     > So I don't know what more we can do... Please can you check
your
>     > email and try those most recent versions I sent you. They
work
>     > perfectly well here. You seem to be using an old xAP v1.2 /
BSC v1.2