Re: xAP Viewer crashing on Vista :(

--------------090801000202080503000506

I'm using v3.0.2696.27496 here. Only issue I've had is the usual one of
dealing with multiple network cards and needing to set the ip in the
config. Haven't had stability issues at all, however I do have UAC
turned off.

James

Kevin Hawkins wrote:
> Hi Paul - I can't help you I'm afraid as I don't use Vista.  Edward
has
> gone very quiet over the last 10 days or so too - I'm not sure if he's
> away or something...  I believe James uses Viewer quite sucessfully
> though on Vista .
>
>     Kevin
>
> Paul Gale wrote:
>
>> OK ? so I found the latest installers ? trouble is I get the
following
>> error trying to install the service version of the hub on Vista
(which
>> had previously been running an older version of the service):
>>

>> Error 1001. Unable to create an instance of the
>> HubService2.ServiceInstaller installer type. --> Exception has
been
>> thrown by the target of an invocation. --> Category does not
exist.

>> I also tried running msiexec from an admin command prompt but the
same
>> error.
>>

>> I also installed the newer viewer but it too crashes like the old
>> version. The error log shows:
>>

>> Fault bucket 160719822, type 5
>>
>> Event Name: CLR20r3
>>
>> Response: None
>>
>> Cab Id: 0
>>

>> Problem signature:
>>
>> P1: viewer.exe
>>
>> P2: 3.2.2873.31231
>>
>> P3: 4739dcff
>>
>> P4: System
>>
>> P5: 2.0.0.0
>>
>> P6: 4536f31b
>>
>> P7: 385a
>>
>> P8: 5f
>>
>> P9: System.InvalidOperationException
>>
>> P10:
>>

>> If that helps at all?
>>

>> Any ideas?
>>

>> Paul.

Behalf Of *Paul Gale
>> *Sent:* 27 January 2008 17:31
>> *To:* xap_automation@xxxxxxx
>> *Subject:* RE: [xap_automation] xAP Viewer crashing on Vista :(
>>

>> What version is everyone else using???
>>

>> Paul.

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01
Transitional//EN">
<head>
http-equiv="Content-Type">
<title></title>
</head>

I'm using v3.0.2696.27496 here. Only issue I've had is the usual one of
dealing with multiple network cards and needing to set the ip in the
config. Haven't had stability issues at all, however I do have UAC
turned off.<br>
James<br>
Kevin Hawkins wrote:
type="cite">
<pre wrap="">Hi Paul - I can't help you I'm afraid as I
don't use Vista.  Edward has
gone very quiet over the last 10 days or so too - I'm not sure if he's
away or something...  I believe James uses Viewer quite sucessfully
though on Vista .

Kevin

Paul Gale wrote:
</pre>
<pre wrap="">OK ? so I found the latest installers ?
trouble is I get the following
error trying to install the service version of the hub on Vista (which
had previously been running an older version of the service):

Error 1001. Unable to create an instance of the
HubService2.ServiceInstaller installer type. --&gt; Exception has been
thrown by the target of an invocation. --&gt; Category does not exist.