Xap Floorplan - script query

I'm trying to get a script in Floorplan to announce (by putting into a
tts msg) the 'subject' field of an email message passed through by raw
message.

I've tried lots of variations on the naming of the field I want to get
in the 'phrase to say' field of the 'text to speech' message I'm
trying to create.  The tts message works in that xap tts announces
plain text and everything EXCEPT the field that I'm trying to get from
the other raw message.

The note in the tts message update says:

You may insert the value of any Basic or Raw xAP device by inserting
the device's alias or source address between %% . For example
%%mi4.news.server:bbc%%

My raw message is called 'kcsoft.pop3.ha-server-1' (no alias so this
is what it shows up under the raw section of kcsoft.pop3).  I'd like
to get the 'item' field (which is configured as the 'subject' of the
email message).  It correctly gets the data from the xap message as
the 'current value' shows what is in the message subject of the mail

I've tried various things in the tts script message including:

%%kcsoft.pop3.ha-server-1:item%%
%%kcsoft.pop3.ha-server-1:subject%%
%%kcsoft.pop3.ha-server-1:current value%%

No joy I'm afraid - it just ignores this every time.

Any clues on what I'm doing wrong would be gratefully received!

Thanks Richard