Using HomeVision as a xAP controller

Hi,

For any of you using or considering HomeVision as your HA controller I
thought I'd just mention a new feature of my xAP gateway.

It allows named xAP BSC devices to be created within HomeVision and to
be controllable just like any other I/O .  Devices are synchronised,
update realtime and can be scripted and controlled from the macro
language as well as generating triggers as they change state to run HV
actions.   This also allows any xAP BSC level or binary device to be
used within HV so if you've run out of HV I/O and need more inputs or
outputs , or wish to create a neat linkage between HV and your favourite
HA application including neat touchscreen applications like HouseBot -
then this could be useful.  If you're after a capable embedded
controller for your xAP network offering scripting, logical interactions
and scheduling it's a useful solution.

Alongside native C-Bus support other lighting systems that have BSC
conduits can now be integrated into HV eg DMX or Dynalite.

I will also mention OPNMax as another embedded xAP controller - which
runs on an adpated Linksys NSLU2 'Slug'  and includes a SQL DB and
graphing application. Nice low cost - circa £50

It's great being able to get all your xAP devices interacting without  a
PC needing to be turned on.

Kevin

More xAP Gateway info...