Newbie questions

  • Subject: Newbie questions
  • From: "bdstl06" <bdstl06@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 20:54:20 -0000

Hi,
I'm using four, blue, housebot and xfx-Express hub.  With some initial
experimentation, I was able to see blue interact correctly with
housebot (XP, HB) by detecting messages from another computer (Vista,
Blue, xfx-hub) with a bluetooth dongle, creating devices corresponding
to attached detected devices, etc.

I've since done two things that haven't worked or that I don't
understand.  First, I installed xfx-Express hub on the HB XP computer.
It reports that that it can't bind to the socket on the local host
(alreadyinuse).  Any ideas?

Second, I installed four on the HB computer.  It works, but shows no
interaction with HB.  Should it?  My intention here is to establish a
twitter based family messaging capability (SMS and housebot-based), but
admittedly I'm currently just playing to get a feel for the right way
to implement this capability.  I thought four would show up in HB as a
device.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Bryan