Re: Beta testers wanted ..HomeVision to C-Bus to xAP (to HomeSeer etc)

I have decided to set up a separate Yahoo group for the beta testing
of
the C-Bus / xAP / HomeVision gateways (although I shall still keep this
group updated with progress on the xAP side and other useful info) I
don't think people want to hear too much about HomeVision or C-Bus
necessarily on this forum ...hence the new group. At a later time once
the beta is in good shape and with some plans that I have for HomeVision
and xAP ;-)  I might move things back here to the xAP forum

I have beta units of the gateways available now - more details are in
the group.....

Kevin

Paul Gale wrote:
> I certainly don't have a problem - I'm sure some of the posts will be
of interest.

> ...just keep one aside for me! ;)
>
> Paul.

Behalf Of Kevin Hawkins
>> Sent: 27 April 2007 20:18
>> To: xap_automation@xxxxxxx
>> Subject: Re: [xap_automation] Beta testers wanted ..HomeVision to
C-Bus to
>> xAP (to HomeSeer etc)
>>
>> ATM I have asked people interested in the xAP / C-Bus / HomeVision
>> gateways to use this list for questions and support  etc . The
list is
>> not too busy and I reasoned the information could be of interest
>> others. I hope to ship over 20 gateways next week which in itself
is
>> quite motivating ,  interestingly there's quite a few people using
these
>> via xAP for getting C-Bus into HomeSeer so I expect a few HomeSeer
>> questions too for James' or Michaels' xAP plugin.
>>
>> The initial version will use (and abuse) the xAP v1.2 UID format.
I need
>> over 2000 sub addresses as HV offers so much I/O  and program
variables
>> in blocks of 256 items, plus C-Bus of course.   When the expanded
UID
>> tolerant hub is released I shall be moving to that format with a
big
>> 'yeah' !      E - you can see now why I'm a little worried by
automatic
>> BSC device creation in applications.
>>
>> I am however concious that I have a commercial interest in this
>> product.  I use that term lightly though as I am not a company and
>> don't make any real money on these as they are sold at near cost.
I may
>> make a bit more later with software add ons though.   If anyone
has any
>> concerns re using this list then post or drop me a line - it's
dead easy
>> for me to set up another group just for the gateways. If there's
too
>> many [OT] HomeVision/C-Bus ie non xAP questions then I'll also
think
>> again.
>>
>>      Kevin
>>
>> Kevin Hawkins wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> At last (only taken 18 months !)  I've just got a new batch of
gateways
>>> imminent.
>>>
>>> There will be a new release of the firmware for these and I am
>>> interested in getting beta testing participation from
interested people
>>> , in particular HomeVision users attaching to C-Bus (or xAP).
The new
>>> versions will offer gateway facilities between any permutation
of these
>>> three and later I hope to add a couple more serial devices too
.
>>> Basically it's a box that attaches between HomeVision, C-Bus
and
>>> Ethernet and allows HomeVision to fully integrate C-Bus
control and
>>> realtime tracking including macros and actions etc , almost
the same way
>>> HV offers this for X10 . The C-Bus processing is all done
within the
>>> gateway so doesn't load HV and doesn't require any macros at
all.  A
>>> fully configured gateway is circa £200 inc the C-Bus
interface. BTW