Re: Re: xAP control of X10 Extended commands via Homeseer

  • Subject: Re: Re: xAP control of X10 Extended commands via Homeseer
  • From: James Traynor <james@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 19:58:08 +0100

--------------010400000801020403060008

I have started to look at .net but will need to get more familiar with
it before making a vb.net plugin.  That being said most of the internals
are fairly basic and should convert over easily, hopefully. I would have
to agree that  the hs.compatibility.exe is the cause of many issues for
many of the older plugins, but i suppose it did give them a chance of
working. In some ways it may of been a better idea for HS to insist on
making new plugins for HS2.

James
Jon wrote:
> Thanks James,
>
> I'll give that a try at the weekend.
>
> Do you intend to convert your plugin to VB.NET at any time? The
> weakness of Homeseer is hs.compatibility.exe IMO
>
> Regards,
>
> Jon
>

> --- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, James Traynor <james@...>
> wrote:
>
>> Jon wrote:
>>
>>> James,
>>>
>>> Thank you. Your updated ocx seems to be working perfectly with
>>> extended dim commands with Edwards X10 connector. I've tried
it

> both
>
>>> via an event and directly, both so far without issues.
>>>

>> Excellent
>>
>>> As I have it configured, I'm using the X10 connector as the
X10
>>> target. I assume in this mode that I cannot trigger on X10
>>>
> received.
>
>>> Is there a way to 'tell' Homeseer that an X10 command has been
>>> sent/received and it's value?
>>>

>> Yes, can be done. In teh xAPx10 connector go to file>properties
and

> go
>
>> to the xAP tab.  Turn on xAPx10 schema send.  Now x10 messages are
>>
> sent
>
>> over xAP and the homeseer plugin should receive them.
>>
>>> Regarding the first page load issue, I would not worry about
it.
>>> 99.99% of people do not do what I was doing. I've corrected
the
>>> problem by using the Homeseer uptime to prevent any script
>>>
> running
>
>>> under 60 seconds on my Home page. This obviously stops them
>>>
> running on
>
>>> start-up. If you wish to see how I push Homeseer to the limit,
>>>
> you can
>
>>> go to www.jon00.me.uk/hs.html <http://www.jon00.me.uk/hs.html>
>>>

>> It's quite a site, I remember seeing it when i first used HS and
>> thinking how!
>>
>>> Another question, I've been happily running a Wireless AP for
>>>
> years
>
>>> without issues. Over the last few days it keeps crashing which
>>> co-incidentally is the same time as I've been playing with
xAP.

> I'm
>
>>> wondering if the two are related?
>>>

>> I have seen an old netgear AP throw a wobble when it receives too
>>
> many
>
>> broadcasts, an update to it's latest firmware fixed it.
>>
>> btw, we have a weekly chat at www.mi4.biz/talk  each Tuesday at
9pm

> feel
>
>> free to pop by!
>>

>> James
>>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

--------------010400000801020403060008

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01
Transitional//EN">
<head>
http-equiv="Content-Type">
</head>

I have started to look at .net but will need to get more familiar with
it before making a vb.net plugin.&nbsp; That being said most of the
internals are fairly basic and should convert over easily, hopefully. I
would have to agree that&nbsp; the hs.compatibility.exe is the cause of
many
issues for many of the older plugins, but i suppose it did give them a
chance of working. In some ways it may of been a better idea for HS to
insist on making new plugins for HS2.<br>
James<br>
Jon wrote:
type="cite">
<pre wrap="">Thanks James,

I'll give that a try at the weekend.

Do you intend to convert your plugin to VB.NET at any time? The
weakness of Homeseer is hs.compatibility.exe IMO

Regards,

Jon

--- In <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx";>xap_automation@xxxxxxx</a>,
James Traynor <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:james@...";>&lt;james@...&gt;</a>
wrote:
</pre>
<pre wrap="">Jon wrote:
</pre>
<pre wrap="">James,

Thank you. Your updated ocx seems to be working perfectly with
extended dim commands with Edwards X10 connector. I've tried it
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->both
</pre>
<pre wrap="">via an event and directly, both so far without
issues.

</pre>
<pre wrap="">Excellent
</pre>
<pre wrap="">As I have it configured, I'm using the X10
connector as the X10
target. I assume in this mode that I cannot trigger on X10
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->received.
</pre>
<pre wrap="">Is there a way to 'tell' Homeseer that an X10
command has been
sent/received and it's value?

</pre>
<pre wrap="">Yes, can be done. In teh xAPx10 connector go
to file&gt;properties and
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->go
</pre>
<pre wrap="">to the xAP tab.  Turn on xAPx10 schema send.
Now x10 messages are
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->sent
</pre>
<pre wrap="">over xAP and the homeseer plugin should
receive them.
</pre>
<pre wrap="">Regarding the first page load issue, I would
not worry about it.
99.99% of people do not do what I was doing. I've corrected the
problem by using the Homeseer uptime to prevent any script
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->running
</pre>
<pre wrap="">under 60 seconds on my Home page. This
obviously stops them
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->running on
</pre>
<pre wrap="">start-up. If you wish to see how I push
Homeseer to the limit,
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->you can
</pre>
<pre wrap="">go to <a
class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="http://www.jon00.me.uk/hs.html";>www.jon00.me.uk/hs.html</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="http://www.jon00.me.uk/hs.html";>&lt;http://www.jon00.me.uk/hs.html&gt;</a>

</pre>
<pre wrap="">It's quite a site, I remember seeing it when i
first used HS and
thinking how!
</pre>
<pre wrap="">Another question, I've been happily running a
Wireless AP for
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->years
</pre>
<pre wrap="">without issues. Over the last few days it
keeps crashing which
co-incidentally is the same time as I've been playing with xAP.
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->I'm
</pre>
<pre wrap="">wondering if the two are related?

</pre>
<pre wrap="">I have seen an old netgear AP throw a wobble
when it receives too
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->many
</pre>
<pre wrap="">broadcasts, an update to it's latest firmware
fixed it.

btw, we have a weekly chat at <a
class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="http://www.mi4.biz/talk";>www.mi4.biz/talk</a>
 each Tuesday at 9pm