Re: Xap Jabber - Failed to activate control 'VB.UserControl'

--------------060601070404050304010706

It is sometimes necessary when this happens to unregister the control
before re-registering it. Running these from a command line should sort
it out

cd c:\windows\system32
regsvr32 /u /s xapintranet.ocx
regsvr32 /s xapintranet.ocx

As for the cpu usage, it's not something i've seen. I have seen the
jabber library that i use sometime crash the app it starts up and there
were connection problems but even then there wasn't any high cpu.

James

Kevin Hawkins wrote:
> Hi Ian,
>
>     Make sure you are using (and have registered) the latest xAP
> Intranet OCX - downloadable from the mi4 site.

>     Ian_Tickle wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've just upgraded to version 0.3 of Xap Jabber. When I run it, I
get
>> the following error message window:
>>
>> "Failed to active control 'VB.UserControl'. This control may
be
>> incompatible with your application. Make sure you are using the
>> version of the control that was provided with your
application."

>> I get this error message on two seperate machines, one running
WinXP
>> pro and another running Win 2000.
>>
>> The previous version sort of ran ok on the WinXP machine, until
the
>> upgrade. Is there a file that needs updating that may have been
over
>> written?
>>
>> I have managed to get version 0.3 running on a third PC (using
winXP
>> home sp2),but the CPU utilisation rockets up to 100% when its run,
>> eventually crashing after a few minutes. In fact I used to get
this on
>> my WinXP pro machine as well - does anybody else suffer from high
CPU
>> ultilisation when running Xap Jabber?
>>
>> Any help most welcome.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Ian.
>>

>> Yahoo! Groups Links
>>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

--------------060601070404050304010706

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01
Transitional//EN">
<head>
http-equiv="Content-Type">
</head>

It is sometimes necessary when this happens to unregister the control
before re-registering it. Running these from a command line should sort
it out<br>
cd c:\windows\system32<br>
regsvr32 /u /s xapintranet.ocx<br>
regsvr32 /s xapintranet.ocx<br>
As for the cpu usage, it's not something i've seen. I have seen the
jabber library that i use sometime crash the app it starts up and there
were connection problems but even then there wasn't any high cpu.<br>
James<br>
Kevin Hawkins wrote:
type="cite">
<pre wrap="">Hi Ian,

Make sure you are using (and have registered) the latest xAP
Intranet OCX - downloadable from the mi4 site.

Ian_Tickle wrote:
</pre>
<pre wrap="">Hi all,