Re: RE: HELP! Getting started with CID + switchboard problems

--------------080209010802000305050201

Looking more in to those files it does seem they should be in an sp2
machine. I've zipped up both my ado and dao folders and sent them over.
I also think I misled you a little on the .tlb file. While VB does refer
to msado.tlb  the actual files have a version in the msado20.tlb to
msado27.tlb
Hopefully the files in the zip will cover all that's missing

fingers crossed

James
Chuck Bass wrote:
> I did some more searching and found that I do have the dao360.dll file
> in a different place than yours (C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache).  The
> type library is not on my machine.   Searching around the MS site I
> found that I'm supposed to have it since I have SP2.  I downloaded a
> patch just for jet:
>
> windowsxp-kb829558-x86-enu.exe
>
> This is supposed to install jet without the rest of the service pack.
> I run the install and it tells me I don't need to do anything.
>
> Not sure what to do...
>

>> My machine does NOT have msado.tlb and dao360.dll!
>>

>>> Well it was worth checking!
>>> Looking at a list of all the dlls connected with Switchboard
and

>> mdac
>>
>>> could you see if these are present on your system:
>>> MS Jet and Replication Objects 2.6
>>> c:\program files\Common files\system\ado\msjro.dll
>>> MS ActiveX DO 2.6
>>> c:\program files\Common files\system\ado\msado.rtlb
>>> MS DAO 3.6
>>> c:\program files\Common files\microsoft shared\dao\dao360.dll
>>>
>>> If those are all there then i'm running out of ideas, so
finger
>>> crossed!
>>>
>>> James

--------------080209010802000305050201

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01
Transitional//EN">
<head>
http-equiv="Content-Type">
</head>

Looking more in to those files it does seem they should be in an sp2
machine. I've zipped up both my ado and dao folders and sent them
over.&nbsp; I also think I misled you a little on the .tlb file. While
VB
does refer to msado.tlb&nbsp; the actual files have a version in the
msado20.tlb to msado27.tlb<br>
Hopefully the files in the zip will cover all that's missing<br>
fingers crossed<br>
James<br>
Chuck Bass wrote:
type="cite">
<pre wrap="">I did some more searching and found that I do
have the dao360.dll file
in a different place than yours (C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache).  The
type library is not on my machine.   Searching around the MS site I
found that I'm supposed to have it since I have SP2.  I downloaded a
patch just for jet:

windowsxp-kb829558-x86-enu.exe

This is supposed to install jet without the rest of the service pack.
I run the install and it tells me I don't need to do anything.

Not sure what to do...

</pre>
<pre wrap="">My machine does NOT have msado.tlb and
dao360.dll!

</pre>
<pre wrap="">Well it was worth checking!
Looking at a list of all the dlls connected with Switchboard and
</pre>
<pre wrap="">mdac
</pre>
<pre wrap="">could you see if these are present on your
system:
MS Jet and Replication Objects 2.6
c:\program files\Common files\system\ado\msjro.dll
MS ActiveX DO 2.6
c:\program files\Common files\system\ado\msado.rtlb
MS DAO 3.6
c:\program files\Common files\microsoft shared\dao\dao360.dll

If those are all there then i'm running out of ideas, so finger
crossed!

James

Chuck Bass wrote:
</pre>
<pre wrap="">I do have odbccp32.dll.  Here is the output :

c:\WINDOWS&gt;dir /s odbccp32.dll