Re: HELP! Getting started with CID

Hi,

Sorry to hear you  having problems. I'm sure it can be sorted out!

Firstly the switchboard error.  I have seen this once and was down to a
corrupt mdac setup ( microsoft data access components), a reinstall of
them fixed it.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=6a7d785f-c2e0-471d-a33b-82ad1d514737&DisplayLang=en
Switchboard uses it's db quite alot so it's really important Window's
drivers are ok.

xAPPace as you saw only supports Pace modems so really won't work on yours.
http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=15
xAPTel  which supports modems/meteor devices will do the trick though.
I would say, that while some have reported reasonable success in the UK
with USR/Pace modems  I've never found them 100%. A meteor however,
budget allowing, is the device to look at.

Switchboard itself  doesn't talk to any modems, it relies on
xAPTel/xAPPace/...  to provide it with the call data. Think of
switchboard as the front end,the call logger and the address book. You
can also you it to trigger various things when calls come in, such as
announcements/displays, and even link to Outlook2k3 .  KevinT made a
diagram that nicely shows what you can link to what in a typical setup.
http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=58
hth
James