www.opnode.org released

Hi xAP community!

www.opnode.org is already available. You'll find there everything
about opnodes, the project we've been working on for months.

The term "opnode" (open node) intends to identify a family of
open
source home controllers. opn-one will be the first opnode publicly
available. This opn-one is a 1-Wire/xAP/xPL embedded controller with a
lot of functions that is under final development (see my website). In
the next weeks, I'll request for beta-testers.

Besides, we're beginning to work on the "opn-232" a programmable
RS232/xAP/xPL embedded controller. It's functionality will depend on
the firmware installed and as first firmware, I'm developing a gateway
for the CM11 X10 interface.

The final goal of www.opnode.org is to gather sensations from the Open
Home Automation community. Please, feel free to send me your comments
to dberenguer@xxxxxxx or post them here if you think they are
useful for the rest of xAP users. I'm mainly interested in developing
open nodes that are really useful for the users. Apart from that, I
have no special relationship with any company. I decided that the
opn-one could be a good start point because, at the moment, I don't
know of any other thechnology less expensive than 1-Wire. In fact, I'm
planning to mainly use 1-Wire for my new house, not only to monitor
temperatures but also for controlling lights, detect alarmas, etc.

As you can guess, I'm a lover of embedded devices and opn-one is the
best example. Instead of using one of the 1-Wire gateways for PC, I
wanted to develop a silent/low power/tiny device capable to manage a
whole 1-Wire network and transparently communicate events and commands
to/from the xAP network. This controller can also execute programmed
actions from the event manager.

I hope you like our work.

Happy new year,

Daniel.