Re: Charmed Quark and xAP

It does... :-)

Charmed Quark actually uses xAP (adapted) for its internal event
communication system between the modules. It uses a non standard port
and encryption I believe , and FTTB some slightly 'not to spec'
constructs.  There is some more info available in the event system
documentation on this page..

http://www.charmedquark.com/Web/Learn/TechnicalDocs/TechnicalDocs.htm

Dean has already made some classes available to help build standard xAP
messages,  ( not sure if they are documented yet though )  and there is
a xAP Gateway  promised for the next release that will enable  much
fuller integration with standard xAP protocol devices (see doc above).
The script language that CQ uses is very powerful and can be used to
send any xAP message but it is not really intended to process high
volume UDP incoming data and hence the intent for a Gateway.

Kevin