Re: SB Error + VOIP routing

Quoting James Traynor (2/8/07 7:37 PM):

> Gregg,
> This Switchboard also contains outgoing network selection per contact
> per number we talked about. It still needs some work but it should
help
> with asterisk routing.

This looks really good!  A couple of questions/issues though:

1) Now, I'm seeing an automatic "Disconnecting in 7 seconds"
message as
soon as the dial goes through.  This appears to be new.  Does axc need
to send a CTI.cmd w/ a CTI.cmd Offhook message to force it to continue?
FWIW: axc is now using the strategy that we discussed where the VPSTN
line remains declared free since it can create an indefinite number of
trunked calls.  I'm wondering if the previous line state change kept the
disconnect message from appearing--especially since the original
behavior persists for (V)PSTN calls.  I'm fine w/ it behaving this way,
if I know how to cause axc to maintain the connection.  Another bit of
information is that axc necessarily uses it's own tag info (comprised of
the two asterisk channels IDs); so, it won't match the CTI.cmd Dial
msg's tag.  I mention this in case the call termination message can't
then be used to properly terminate the call.  If this either is or might
be the case, then do I need to also send a CTI.cmd Onhook msg?  I
suppose the same somewhat applies to the (V)PSTN dialing as the screen
never realizes that the call is terminated (the disconnect button
persists despite the call terminating); however, the call record is
accurate.

2) This is truly a "nit", but if initiating a dial from the call
log of
a number that is now associated w/ a contact, it seems that SB still
assumes the line type to be PSTN rather than propagate the line type
that is now selectable in the contact record.  In contrast, dialing via
the contact record is perfect.

Thanks for adding this as it's making my use of axc and SB much nicer!

For those that may be following this, I will soon be deploying an axc
release that leverages these capabilities and makes use of axc/SB much
better.

Gregg