Re: xAP Jabber 0.3 released

--------------030909090904050706060603

Hi,
They can be different.  Status holds Away,Busy, etc. xStatus holds text
like 'i'm on the phone', 'bored at work'.  Different jabber clients
support different things. Pandion definitely supports these extended
status messages.

hth

James

Gregg Liming wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> Quoting James Traynor (4/22/07 4:53 PM):
>

>> I have just uploaded an update to xAP Jabber to mi4.biz. If you
are
>> running this app I would recommend upgrading.
>>
>> This update to xAP Jabber includes to following changes:
>>
>>     * Additional heartbeats to help reduce connection timeout
problems
>>     * Fixed an issue where when a contact when off line the wrong
>>       presence was sent
>>     * Can now be run as a service.
>>

> I notice both a status and a xstatus property in the User.Status block
> of a messenger.event message.  They seem to always hold the same
value;
> so, one would seem redundant unless there is some other intended usage
> or "mapping" capability?  Could you please elaborate as to
its intended
> purpose?
>
> Gregg
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

--------------030909090904050706060603

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01
Transitional//EN">
<head>
http-equiv="Content-Type">
<title></title>
</head>

Hi,<br>
They can be different.&nbsp; Status holds Away,Busy, etc. xStatus holds
text
like 'i'm on the phone', 'bored at work'.&nbsp; Different jabber
clients
support different things. Pandion definitely supports these extended
status messages.<br>
hth<br>
James<br>
Gregg Liming wrote:
type="cite">
<pre wrap="">Hi James,

Quoting James Traynor (4/22/07 4:53 PM):

</pre>
<pre wrap="">I have just uploaded an update to xAP Jabber