Re: X-10 extended commands

The xAP BSC schema would be ideal for your 'own data' application here
as it allows small of packets of binary or text data to be sent as a
serial device and is well suited to relatively slow devices. I don't
believe any xAP X10 schema supports all the full variations of X10
extended as they became quite manufacturer dependent and their usage
even differ within the same manufacturer . That and the total lack of UK
240V devices that use it made it awkward. I have two devices here that
use it - an RCS X10 thermostat and a Switchlinc dimmer.

Also I noticed this device which might be of interest - run it through a
110V transformer with capacitive coupling for the X10 - which Is how I
used to run some of the Smartlinc wall switches (autotransformer) and
other 100V US devices

http://www.smarthome.com/1132b.html