Re: xAP Plug-in for SlimServer beta release

  • Subject: Re: xAP Plug-in for SlimServer beta release
  • From: Ron Wierckx <ron@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 09:27:41 -0600

Hi Edward,

I only have MCExAP, some of my own apps, and had the old Slimserver
conduit and never had a problem.  I was quite surprised that yours
didn't work for me right away.  I'm not sure how the others do it but it
was never a problem.

I understand why you would want a global 255.255.255.255 broadcast, but
it may be better if it was scalable.  I could see the problem with
people using a direct connection to the Internet having these broadcasts
sent out.  I would think you would just want them to be distributed to
the subnet(s) that have xAp devices on them.
I think just adding in the option of selecting how "global" you
want the
broadcast would be trivial.  If you like I can add it in to your code,
although from what I've seen my perl writing doesn't seem to be as slick
as yours.

Trash