Re: xAP Plug-in for SlimServer beta release

Excellent that you're up and running now. I'll revise the install
notes with your experiences.

The messages not appearing may be due to the address changes between
the two versions. James - can you advise on the settings changes
needed on the apps generating the messages please - I'm not running
weather, news etc currently (shame on me) so cannot test. This
sounds like the same issue you had during beta0 testing.

If messages are being targetted to specific players then the target
address needs to be changed (example values):
from
target=kcs.slimp3.server.player1
target=ersp.slimserver.server:player1

There's no requirement for the SlimPlayer to be on to display
messages (it's never really off - turning it 'off' just shows the
screensaver and maps most of the remote buttins to nothing). One
aspect of the old connector I have not yet replicated is the UI that
lets you customise the brightness that messages are displayed for
each of the Slim's on/idle/off states.

--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, "Ian_Tickle" <ian@...>
wrote:

> I've now managed to get the plugin displayed on the slimserver
webpage.
> All I did was change the folder from 'xap' to 'xAP' and reboot the
> pc/restart slimserver. I don't know if renaming the folder was the
> problem or it just needed a reboot.
> I can see the heartbeats via xap viewer, and every 60sec, status
> messages are also recorded. What I still can't get to work is the
> display of xap messages on my squeezebox (version 2).
> I am using xap hub, xap weather, xap news, mail monitor and xap
OSD
> for mail programs, all running on the same pc as slimserver.
However