Re: Floorplan Sripting Help

NightMode script doesn't run. Log returns:
02/11/2006 21:30:57 	   	Not matched
02/11/2006 21:30:57 	   	AlarmState is -mode: security off, user 1-
02/11/2006 21:30:57 	   	Starting

max

James Traynor wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The debug window shows the last error that has occurred, the only
> thing that clears it, other than a restart, is a new error message. It
> would be very hard to debug things if it did clear everytime a script
> ran as there could be quite a lot of scripts running at once a heavily
> used Floorplan.
>
> Try this script:
>
> Sub Main()
> x=xap.LogDebug("Starting")

AlarmState=xap.GetText("mi4.homeseer.server.93:comfortplugin.modedesc")
> x=xap.LogDebug("AlarmState is -" & AlarmState &
"-")

> if AlarmState = "Mode: security off, user  1" then
> 	x=xap.LogDebug("Matched")
> 	xap.ScriptRun "NightMode"
> else
> 	x=xap.LogDebug("Not matched")
> end if
>
> End Sub
> noting the space between ScriptRun and "NightMode"
> Run the script and look at the script debug log especially the line
> that says
> AlarmState is -Mode: security off, user  1-
> What i am wondering is that there may be a space before or after the
> data, hence adding the -- to highlight it.
> If you mail back with what the log says, as this should at least
> highlight where the issue is.
> Thanks
> James
>
> max wrote:
>> Found a bug I think, the error persisted with and without the
quotes,
>> didn't clear until I restarted Floorplan. Is the debug not
refreshing,
>> or holding onto the original, unmodified script?
>>
>> Still having a problem with the script, using your corrections
>>
>> Sub Main()
>> '

AlarmState=xap.GetText("mi4.homeseer.server.93:comfortplugin.modedesc")
>> if AlarmState = "Mode: security off, user  1" then
>> xap.ScriptRun"NightMode"
>> else
>> end if
>> '
>> End Sub
>> The script runs through debugger with no errors, but doesn't run
the
>> script when AlarnState is correct. I've tried changing
xap.ScriptRun to

x=xap.SendBSCState("ersp.x10.server:loungelamp","off")
as a test, and
>> that runs fine through debugger but doesn't appear to work either.
>>
>> Max
>>
>> Using
>> James Traynor wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> Could you check this line

AlarmState=xap.GetText("mi4.homeseer.server.93:comfortplugin.modedesc")

>>> as the error seems to show it without quotes:

AlarmState=xap.GetText(mi4.homeseer.server.93:comfortplugin.modedesc)

>>> with quotes being correct
>>> also
>>>
>>> xap.ScriptRun(NightMode)
>>>
>>> should be
>>>
>>> x=xap.ScriptRun("NightMode")
>>>
>>> as it is a function and returns data, also as you are passing
a string
>>> of text to the function that string needs to be in quotes.
Actually
>>> since you really dont want the data that it would return you
could just:

>>> xap.ScriptRun "NightMode"
>>>
>>> hth
>>>
>>> James