Re: xAP Floorplan

One of the tenets of xAP is that the applications and devices are
distinct functional entities distributed around your network. As such
you can them mix and match your needs from available building blocks.
Charts and graphs would be useful to a lot of xAP applications and would
sit nicely as a separate application . This also helps avoid feature
bloat in applications which in itself isn't an issue but the support and
'wishlists' just rise exponentially as people each invariably like it
done a little differently.   Perhaps an idea would be able to draw in
some html or graphic page generated externally to FP.  The intranet OCX
is ideal for these things and of course having a SQL db to use is great
news.

.James Traynor wrote:

> There are no graphing features at the moment although now you can do
> sql and/or  database based globals, there should really be a way of
> making some graphics.  It may well be possible to call the microsoft
> chart control object from the floorplan script and give the control a
> recordsource of the Floorplan database. That can create charts and
> save them as .bmp files.
> I haven't tried it but it should be possible, but I will look at
> making some friendly functions in Floorplan to make it easy to do
>
> James
> neil@xxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm using floorplan to map the temperatures of different rooms
using
>> a TOM10.
>>
>> I see in the log it records the changes i.e temperature date and
time
>> of change...
>>
>> Is there a way to show this change as a line graph over time? if
not
>> can I put a request in for a graphing function, not sure how it
would
>> fit in with other logs, but possible, length of time lights are on
>> over a month etc (only using floorplan at the moment for
temperatures...)