Re: Re: Serial Bridge.

danward79 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Looks like the UID is hard coded to FF000101 in the bridge
> application, in the appdef.h file, is there a way of changing this
> given that I don't have a c compiler?

That's a mistake if it is :-(   .  Hopefully P will jump in here with
some advice....:-)

In reality the message will actually still go out OK as xAP sent
messages don't go via a hub, however it may be dropped by your hub
(servicing its listeners) as strictly it is non compliant.  This would
mean that any xAP applications listening via the hub wouldn't see it.
Which hub are you running (or application running as a hub) ? - I think
in Viewer and Hub GUI you can set an option to still pass malformed
messages - I am just a bit unsure whether it truly passes these messages
or whether it just displays them (and still drops them).  I also know
that Patricks' hub does very little error checking and hence would pass
these types of messages OK, if you wish to download that.

There is also another possible 'kludge' to get around this - if you can
choose the source name then try calling it something like

Rocket.Bridge.One:kludge   ( note the :  )

This will effectively give it a sub address and hence the 01 at the end of
the UID would be acceptable.  (technically that is a really awful kludge
but there you go...)

Kevin

> Thanks
>
> Dan
>
> --- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, James <james@...> wrote:
>
>> For a device without any sub devices the UID must end 00 .
>> so the hbeat should be
>>
>> xap-hbeat
>> {
>> v=12
>> hop=1
>> uid=FF000100
>> class=xap-hbeat.alive
>> source=Rocket.Bridge.One
>> interval=60
>> port=3639
>> }
>>

>> If you did have sub devices then the first subdevice would have a
>>
> uid of ff000101 and a source of rocket.bridge.one:DeviceA . Even if
> you did have sub devices only the master device would send heartbearts
> and would still look like the message above.
>
>> hth
>>
>> James
>>

>> danward79 wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I seem to be having some issues getting the bridge to run
properly.

>>> Are all the parameters in unix format?  Do I need to specify
all

> of them?
>
>>> The heartbeat msg from the bridge, seems to return an error at
best,
>>> and for the rest of my attempts nothing.
>>>
>>> The error is as follows
>>> -----
>>> Error Message: A xAP message received was malformed. The UID
FF000101
>>> is setup as a subaddress but the Source address is not:
>>>
> Rocket.Bridge.One
>
>>> Received From: 192.168.0.7:2569
>>>
>>> xap-hbeat
>>> {
>>> v=12
>>> hop=1
>>> uid=FF000101
>>> class=xap-hbeat.alive
>>> source=Rocket.Bridge.One
>>> interval=60
>>> port=3639
>>> }
>>> -----
>>>
>>> I must be doing something simple wrong here, does anyone have
any
>>> ideas please?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Dan