Re: Serial Bridge.

Hi,

Looks like the UID is hard coded to FF000101 in the bridge
application, in the appdef.h file, is there a way of changing this
given that I don't have a c compiler?

Thanks

Dan

--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, James <james@...> wrote:

> For a device without any sub devices the UID must end 00 .
> so the hbeat should be
>
> xap-hbeat
> {
> v=12
> hop=1
> uid=FF000100
> class=xap-hbeat.alive
> source=Rocket.Bridge.One
> interval=60
> port=3639
> }
>

> If you did have sub devices then the first subdevice would have a
uid of ff000101 and a source of rocket.bridge.one:DeviceA . Even if
you did have sub devices only the master device would send heartbearts
and would still look like the message above.

> hth
>
> James
>

> danward79 wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I seem to be having some issues getting the bridge to run
properly.

> > Are all the parameters in unix format?  Do I need to specify all
of them?

> > The heartbeat msg from the bridge, seems to return an error at
best,
> > and for the rest of my attempts nothing.
> >
> > The error is as follows
> > -----
> > Error Message: A xAP message received was malformed. The UID
FF000101
> > is setup as a subaddress but the Source address is not:
Rocket.Bridge.One
> > Received From: 192.168.0.7:2569
> >
> > xap-hbeat
> > {
> > v=12
> > hop=1
> > uid=FF000101
> > class=xap-hbeat.alive
> > source=Rocket.Bridge.One
> > interval=60
> > port=3639
> > }
> > -----
> >
> > I must be doing something simple wrong here, does anyone have any
> > ideas please?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Dan
> >

> > --- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, James <james@> wrote:
> >
> >> hi,
> >>
> >> This is a bit of a guess but:
> >> xap-bridge [serial port] [instance name] [network interface]
[udp
port]
> >> [debug level]
> >>
> >> and serial port will probably be in the unix format eg
/dev/ttyS0

> > for com1
> >
> >> I did notice this though, and this one is really for Patrick:
> >> /*
> >>    $Date: 2003/05/05 14:02:53 $
> >>    $Revision: 1.1 $
> >>    $Log: bridge.c,v $
> >>    Revision 1.1  2003/05/05 14:02:53  cvsowner
> >>    Very simple serial bridge - only listens on serial port at
9600
> >> (fixed), does not modify hop count. Forwards messages on to
ethernet
> >> interface without verifying integrity.
> >>

> >>    xAP Serial - Ethernet bridge
> >>
> >> */
> >> which implies a 9600 baud
> >>
> >> but this
> >>     newtio.c_cflag = B19200CS8CREADCLOCAL;
> >>     newtio.c_iflag=IGNBRK  IGNPAR  IXON  IXOFF;
> >>     newtio.c_lflag=0;
> >>
> >>     newtio.c_cc[VTIME]=0;
> >>     newtio.c_cc[VMIN]=0;
> >>
> >>         cfsetispeed(&newtio, B19200);        // this
seems to be
> >> necessary under
> >>         cfsetospeed(&newtio, B19200);            //
Cygwin, it isn't
> >> required under Linux
> >>
> >> would imply a 19200 baud?
> >>
> >> James