Re: xAP News 3.1 Released

Hi James,

If possible both news.alert and news.report.

I use Floorplan to send differently formatted display schema messages
targeted to specific groups of devices (slimp3s, intranet launcher, mcxap,
etc) based on news.alert data so it will be good to have the logo link in
the data to take advantage of both intranet launcher and mcxap's ability to
display pictures.

I also use Floorplan to create html web pages from news.report data that
plug in to my intranet site so having the logo link available in those
messages too would allow me to include the image in the web pages.  It's
not
critical though as I can use a static list of image links and select the
relevant one in code, it would just save an extra bit of programming at my
end :)

On a separate issue, would you consider adding an smtp "engine"
(if that's
the right terminology!) to Floorplan?  I figure that it would be neat for
Floorplan to be able to do things like execute pre-written scripts, forward
xap messages, etc, from commands that it received by email.

For example I could send an email from my phone requesting Floorplan to
"run
MissedCalls script" that would then sms my phone with any calls
received
while I was out.

I'm achieving something equivalent using your Outlook plugin to send out
xap
messages that it receives by email.  But since Outlook has to poll a pop3
account there's some lag involved and sending raw xap messages by email is
not quite user friendly enough to be useful.

Cheers,

Martyn