Re: Hardware BSC mapper

Hi Ian,

Interesting - a bit like a souped up Lantronix part.  Couple of
questions - what approx is the price ? - and secondly with regard to the
programming  language, do you think it's powerful and fast enough to rip
apart a xAP packet - apply some logic to its content and get it sent
back out on the Ethernet port whilst simultaneously servicing a serial
port at say 19200 (which is not too critical a source ie could use
XON/XOFF. The Ethernet handler would have to have fairly large buffers
and operate at an acceptable speed - 10's of packets per second for a
busy xAP network.

The nicer thing about this is that it is available cased and with an
inbuilt psu...

Kevin

Ian Davidson wrote:

> Kevin,
>
> When you have chance take a look at
>
> http://www.tibbo.com/ <http://www.tibbo.com/>
>
> We needed to add Ethernet to a device urgently and tried the 202
> including the dev board. The new language is quite powerful and it can
> easily bridge serial to Ethernet as my first test of the device was
> watching my xap traffic in a serial window. At the moment I am too
> busy at work to try anything but it is well worth a look for some
> simple applications.
>
> Ian D

On Behalf Of Kevin Hawkins